Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

6 Posts

July 16th, 2019 12:00

XPS 13-9370, cannot install urgent driver

Problem: Chipset | Intel Chipset Device Software Driver  

I tried to install this update several times manually and automatically and always when I return back to the site, it still say that this driver need to be updated. Initially I had 3 drivers needed update and two did well but the last one doesn't want to. The reason I really want to update is that my goPro camera is not recognized by some program, and it works without any problem in two other computers. It is recognized by the XPS 13-9370 but the program doesn't see it. Also, I have to download assistant every time I check for drivers. 

Anyway the driver should be able to install if it is on the site for download.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 16th, 2019 13:00

Tell us which drivers you think you need. Support Assistant is not always correct about needed drivers. In fact, there are times when the assistant causes problems with the wrong downloads. Drivers not installing means you don't need those drivers. Chipset drivers have nothing to do with your GoPro. If the computer sees the camera, it is the program that is the problem not the computer.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 16th, 2019 14:00

You must register this XPS 13-9370 into your name/ownership using the online form.

The latest XPS 13-9370 Intel Chipset driver we offered is (https://dell.to/2llICdA,A07, 8/14/17). What version is currently installed? If you ran Windows Update and it installed a newer Microsoft reference Intel Chipset driver, our Download Assistant will think that you need our older driver.

6 Posts

July 17th, 2019 05:00

Well I use same program on other devices and it runs ok. So only there can be some problem with drivers.

6 Posts

July 17th, 2019 05:00

I dont know which drivers are installed now. SO basicly you are saying assistant is not correct and why is it there in first place? So how do i know which drivers need to be updated? I am quite technical guy but coming from Mac that freeks me up, you need to be tehnican to set up your computer. So what else I can do to make app try to recognise my gopro, the guys at gopro already gave me some solutions which didnt work. Also when I connect USBc to HDMI adapter it doesnt work, but with my brother mac it works out of the box. There are so many problems with this computer also when I close the lid it will after a while shut down and will than start from zero, also the fan is very loud with cranky noise.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 17th, 2019 07:00

What specific app/program are we talking about here?

6 Posts

July 17th, 2019 10:00

it is GoPro Quik

6 Posts

July 17th, 2019 12:00

I have done that already, and tried all suggested actions, but didnt help.

you can see tread that I started here: 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro7-not-detected-by-Quik/m-p/363978#/M102333

Thanks, G

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 17th, 2019 12:00

Dell never tested this 3rd party app so all we can provide is best guess. The fact that the goPro camera is recognized by the operating system means that the XPS 13-9370 hardware and operating system are fine. The XPS 13-9370 certainly meets the Quik requirements. My advice, post the issue on their Quik Windows forum to see what other Windows 10 users can offer as far as advice.

6 Posts

July 19th, 2019 03:00

And everything was quiet.....

no solution, and that is ok for DELL i guess

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 19th, 2019 05:00

I am afraid, as mentioned earlier there is no issue with the system or the operating system. Our assistance with 3rd party applications will be limited.

No Events found!