Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2018 15:00

XPS 13 9370 going to sleep instead of screen saver

I've configured my new xps 13 to not go to sleep or turn off the screen when plugged in, but it does just that - I have to wake the laptop up by pushing the power button.

On battery it goes into screensaver and does not turn off the screen or go to sleep as intended. It's very frustrating having to wake up my laptop every time I'm away for 15 minutes (guestimate) or more. Any fixes for this?

1 Message

January 21st, 2019 14:00

Go to the power settings, then Change Advanced power settings.  Mine was set to Hibernate...  I set that to Never when plugged in and it fixed my problem.

9.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2019 10:00

Hi Jennifer-London,

Thanks for posting. Here is a short video you may find helpful:

Advanced Power Settings Windows 10

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 9th, 2018 19:00

The XPS 13 9370 is not configured to go into "Sleep" mode.

When the display turns off, the desktop shuts down.  You get the display back by hitting the space bar.

This is an older video but it does explain Modern Standby...

https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Mechanics/Understanding-Surface-Power-Management-with-Modern-Standby-in-Windows-10

24 Posts

March 10th, 2018 04:00

Thank you, but perhaps you misunderstood.

My settings are:

When plugged in:
Turn off screen - NEVER
Go to sleep - NEVER

But my laptop IS going to sleep and turning off the screen. The space bar does not wake it up - I have to push the power button.

24 Posts

March 12th, 2018 06:00

Is no one else experiencing this issue of the computer going to sleep when setup not to? Thanks

8 Posts

March 14th, 2018 12:00

My DELL XPS 13 9360 started today, after last updates, showing me same problem. I was leaving my XPS for 2 minutes and as I wanted to "wake" it up by hitting spacebar, it didn't work. Had to use power button to shake it up. But my XPS is not configured to go sleep. And this thing is start getting annoying.

So there is definetely problem.

April 1st, 2019 01:00

I have this problem on my XPS too. Can anybody tell me where to find Advanced power settings? I have Windows 10.
No Events found!