XPS

Last reply by 12-26-2019 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13-9370, mouse cursor lagging and stuttering

Having an issue with my new XPS 9370. Using the touchpad (haven't tried using a mouse with it at all), the mouse cursor sometimes stutters/freezes for a second then keeps going. Happens quite a lot actually. Sometimes it actually stutters multiple times in one swipe on the touchpad but other times it works fine..any ideas on what to do? I don't see any specific touchpad options in windows settings or anything either.. Thanks

Replies (137)

if you mean 1.2.0, i still get same problem, even with reinstall intel driver

Hi guys,

I can also confirm that even with 1.2.0 and the Intel video driver I still get frequent freezes.

Hope that dell can fix this, otherwise ill be returning the XPS 13.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

no matter enable or disable Virtualization and VT-d, still cause problems :( failed

@Arusu wrote:

if you mean 1.2.0, i still get same problem, even with reinstall intel driver

Yes, I meant BIOS 1.2 (it's dated to 18/02/2018, but in my Support Assist appeared 22/02). It looks that Dells deploy updates region by region not everywhere at the same time. For 4 hours of laptop usage after update I didn't encounter this any freezing/lagging so thought that new BIOS has made a difference.  But in the end - when I booted up the device later on the issue came back. Sorry for "false alarm" :)

@Arusu wrote:

no matter enable or disable Virtualization and VT-d, still cause problems :( failed

I've checked. The problem still remains after turning virtualization feature off.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Experiencing the same problem.  Got the problem pretty right away after receiving the laptop and rebooting it for a few times.  In my case the touchpad stuttering issue even goes into full system freeze some times. Once i reset the laptop all is well though.  Seems like weird random issue.

Yeah, restart sometimes help but issue will probably come back sooner or later. Another quick (since it keeps your running apps untouched) & temporary workaround is pressing power button to suspend the device, wait 1-3 seconds and turning it back again. Problem is also more likely to happen when running  on AC rather than battery (at least that was the case two weeks ago; now I'm mostly using it with power cord attached).

It's quite pathetic to own a up-to-date premium notebook which constantly freezes (totally or just for seconds time by time) on such high performance situations like displaying Windows wallpaper/desktop...

NOTE FOR TESTERS: If you're trying to find a solution to this issue by updating bios/driver or adjusting/disabling some settings/features - always turn your device off before performing a check since is more common that problem will occur after "fresh start" rather on restart.

Yeah I completely agree and I am astounded that the product was launched with this kind of problem. Pretty major if you ask me and something that must have turned up during testing for sure.  There is just no way they don't know about his problem when it is such a glaring issue.

Either way I really hope this not a hardware issue.  A real <profane> problem for what is otherwise an amazing laptop.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Have someone tried a clean windows install?

I also can confirm that the issue is still present with current BIOS update and with Intel driver directly from Intel homepage.

What helps me in a current freeze situation is to get into sleep mode with fn key combination and login back again. 

However, this issue is really annoying and needs to be fixed. Thinking of returning as well. 

Shrot question, does someone of you also experience the fans kicking in while charging right from the start, even under idle and fans just stop when the battery is about 85% charged?

New XPS 9370 owner here. Also suffering from the freezing and mouse stutter. This is a brand new 4k 9370, received today so clean install and fully patched. I've only noticed this happening when coming out of sleep mode (closing the lid) and it doesn't clear up until a full reboot is performed. It appears to be the system freezing as it doesn't just affect using the track pad, it also affects typing. I'm not using an external mouse. Very frustrating.

Has anyone got a ticket open with Dell for this?

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor