XPS

Last reply by 12-26-2019 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze

XPS 13-9370, mouse cursor lagging and stuttering

Having an issue with my new XPS 9370. Using the touchpad (haven't tried using a mouse with it at all), the mouse cursor sometimes stutters/freezes for a second then keeps going. Happens quite a lot actually. Sometimes it actually stutters multiple times in one swipe on the touchpad but other times it works fine..any ideas on what to do? I don't see any specific touchpad options in windows settings or anything either.. Thanks

Replies (137)

Frankly dont even bother brother,nothing is fixing this issue and im really **bleep** now its been more than 10 days ...its a pain for me now i have tried every possible fix there could have been and dell is showing unprofessional behavior in fixing the issue..

but for ur information i just updated to latest driver using the device manager and the version right now is 23.20.16.5018...it seems better right now but i know its just a matter of time before the issue gets worse again

Totally unsatisfied with this ....u dont pay a premium for such small issues that are a pain to deal with  :/

Hey,

I updated just now to latest driver using device manager and issue seems better for the time being ,my current version is 23.20.16.5018

@BanbyPlease check your possible solutions with a cold boot (not after restart, since on average those problems are less common to appear past reboot). There are 2 (probable) cases that causes this issue described in this thread: CPU or GPU related. Looking at your posts I guess that you encounter the second one. So try to disable "panel self refresh" in Intel config app that I described earlier (and don't forget to save altered settings). If your issue is still present double check that it was not rolled back to "enabled' state after restart (It tends to happen sometimes).

NOTE: At moment of your latest post and the previous one the latest release of Intel graphics drivers were 24.20.100.6136 available for download (since 5th of June) from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128199/Graphics-for-8th-Generation-Intel-Processors

I got the same problem, recived my computer today and I am very dissapointed...

Tried to update to the 24.xxx driver through device manager windows tells me I'm already running the latest driver which it not is..

Problem is occuring less when the charge is not pluged in i.e. when the cpu frequency is low.

Has anyone found a lasting solution to this yet?

So far, Dell keep telling me to do weird things like installing mouse drivers and disabling sleep (?).

It only happens from time to time, and flipping the lid closed and open again seems to solve it temporarily.

I hope we're all talking about the same issue btw... the one I'm referring to is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MsXgOe5Z4Q

@CalmDownMonkey wrote: I hope we're all talking about the same issue

Yes, same thing here.

Nice to see this post.

I've had this XPS since launch and I hate it, it is the worst laptop I have ever used.

I'm sick of the mouse doing whatever it wants, the system locking up for no reason   What should be a massively performing device works slowly than a Gen 6 i5.

Get your act together Dell, this XPS is a pile of **bleep**

I've had this. Unchecking the panel self-refresh fixes it for me. Not had a cursor issue for months. 

Hey, how do you access the panel refresh settings? 

Got my new XPS 13 9370 16gb/4K/Touch... the cursor just vanishes, the touch screen become non-responisve. Every time I close it or goes to sleep mode this happens. Closing the lid and reopening does not help. If I disable the Touch Screen, this problem is not there. Am really troubled. Please help with the solution. Thanks

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions