Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2018 18:00

XPS 13-9370, mouse cursor lagging and stuttering

Having an issue with my new XPS 9370. Using the touchpad (haven't tried using a mouse with it at all), the mouse cursor sometimes stutters/freezes for a second then keeps going. Happens quite a lot actually. Sometimes it actually stutters multiple times in one swipe on the touchpad but other times it works fine..any ideas on what to do? I don't see any specific touchpad options in windows settings or anything either.. Thanks

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

July 26th, 2018 11:00

@Community, 

I can confirm for you that Dell engineering is aware of the cursor behavior and is working to resolve. I will be back with more detail once they give me more information.

Disabling panel self-refresh was mentioned by @perpetoom earlier on this thread. This is indeed a Dell recommended, temporary, optional work around.

How to Disable the PSR :

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and select Intel® Graphics Settings
  2. Click on Power to access the Power Section
  3. Under Power section uncheck the Panel Self-Refresh to disable it.

Capture.PNG

5 Posts

July 26th, 2018 12:00

Good to know Dell is finally acknowledging this. I did the recommended steps as suggested in the first week of owning the laptop and I don't have any of the issues.

However, I still suffer from the weird tap to click issue where the left side of the trackpad become unresponsive, but tapping in the middle of the pad works all the time. 

3 Posts

July 26th, 2018 14:00

I'm glad as well that you finally acknowledge this, looking forward to a fix!

Thanks for the update!

1 Message

August 2nd, 2018 07:00

It's not just Dell have the same problem with a HP spectre x360 intel hd 620. It started happening after the win 10 april update and it really hurt my workflow. I found a temporarily solution in putting the device in standby and waking it up again. I've heard disabling the intel panel refresh stops it for good. But how drastically does it hamper battery life?

August 19th, 2018 09:00

Has a solution to this problem been found? I've been having the same issue along with these ghost type circles appearing all over my touch screen.

August 30th, 2018 19:00

I still got the same issue on my XPS 9570, with the newest drivers installed. I REALLY hope DELL could fix this issue as soon as possible.

August 30th, 2018 19:00

Besides, This problem still occurs after I disabling the Panel Self-Refresh option. 

81 Posts

August 31st, 2018 04:00

@Overflocat wrote:

Besides, This problem still occurs after I disabling the Panel Self-Refresh option. 

Verify that this option is still marked as disabled after restarting your device. Sometimes Intel preferences are rolling back to previous state without a notice.

August 31st, 2018 15:00

I verified that this option is still disabled after I reboot my system. I even disabled the Display Power Saving option, however this problem still occurs.

19 Posts

September 6th, 2018 01:00

i have this problem with dell xps 15 2in1 but on a much larger scale, it seems the screen goes haywire, as the self-refresh destroys its functionality...however, as soon as i disable self-refresh the issue is gone...no combinations in bios helped, and when installing the fresh copy of windows, the cortana starts talking through setup, but the screen is off. i actually have to reboot the computer to get the screen with cortana setup...weird...

1 Message

September 11th, 2018 13:00

i have Xps13 9370 with same problem with touchad (left button),disable intel but still the same problem.

Any update ?

2 Posts

October 4th, 2018 14:00

I have a 9570 with this issue. 

Following the suggestion by @perpetoom (thanks!) have gone the entire day without it stuttering. That's a first for me. Good thing as I was close to sending this unit back.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2018 12:00

The driver supplied by Dell is several months out of date. If you go to Intel's website you can download the latest driver, which, as of this writing should look like this:

dell.PNG  

I have been running this driver for several hours and I have Panel Set Refresh to "On" and no change.. it still stutters.

3 Posts

October 28th, 2018 11:00

I'm experiencing the same issue on my 9570. I have the latest BIOS (1.5), disabled panel refresh, and updated all my drivers (including to the latest Intel Graphics driver and Nvidia driver). I'm still experiencing problems. I paid $1500 for this laptop, but it's RIDDLED with driver issues. 

4 Posts

November 4th, 2018 04:00

+1 on all counts.  New laptop, all drivers up to date, panel disabled, and still the lag.

Not to mention, oh, the sound constantly failing and the USB ports not recognizing peripherals half the time.  How is this a top-of-the-line laptop again?

No Events found!