Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

September 25th, 2022 02:00

XPS 13 9370, not turning on, CPU gets hot

Where can I find a USB-C IC for my Dell XPS 13 9370? My laptop won't turn on due to it. I couldn't find one online. 

IC name : TPS65982DA / 87APTPW

Kindly help if someone knows where to find one.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 25th, 2022 04:00

Unless you live in Southeast China, or are willing to order thousands of them, you likely cannot.  And even if you can find the part, do you have a rework station and the skills to replace it?  Beyond even that, are you willing to gamble that it's the only failed part you have -- and that it wasn't another issue that caused the failure in the first place?

The only certain repair is to replace the system board. 

2 Posts

September 25th, 2022 07:00

Yes , i got it checked through a repairman and the chip is the only issue now , but neither him nor i can find the part in Pakistan.

Once i get the part , the repairman is going to fix it properly. 

I can't get a new board because I'm a middle class student and can't afford another board .

457 Posts

September 25th, 2022 09:00

eBay, aliexpress and other websites seem to have options relating to your IC, but you might not get a definitive answer unless you reach out to TI since they produce that IC. Of course ejn63 already mentioned this could be a long shot repair, but just telling you this for more information.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 25th, 2022 09:00

Ali Express is probably the only place you have any chance of finding the part, and be prepared to have to order far more than just one of them.

No Events found!