Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2018 13:00

XPS 13 9370, want refund or replacement with compensation

I bought an XPS 13 9370 not from Dell but from a reseller (GNG ELECTRONICS) in India. It started crashing right away. I contacted Dell Customer Care. Escalation person says that get it repaired. I mean, repair a brand new machine. What are you selling? I want my money back.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

April 4th, 2018 15:00

Dell typically does not offer compensation. Since you purchased from a retailer with a shorter return period, why not contact them?  Dell  won't replace a system until three or more repair attempts have been made.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 5th, 2018 04:00

Hello. If it truly is brand new then you can return it to the reseller for a refund. The return period is rather brief so check your paperwork to see how many days are left during which you can return it. After the return period is over then you are stuck with having to let Dell fix it under the terms of the warranty. The catch is that the warranty does not cover software defects. which is why it is better to return it if you still can.

April 5th, 2018 01:00

Do they have that guarantee in India?

Not satisfied at all. Do they cover it here?

Nobody in Dell accepts responsibility for a brand new Dell XPS 13 which keeps crashing that I purchased from a reseller. They say it might be software. I mean, its brand new. Software, hardware its all your wrongdoing. All I want is satisfaction which they can't provide. I sincerely hate Dell and its services. Lost all trust.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

April 5th, 2018 03:00

April 5th, 2018 12:00

I'm in India. Tried calling customer care but they don't care. I want refund or at least replacement. It's a brand new machine and I don't want to spend my time repairing it. Who can I contact as customer care is not able.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 6th, 2018 06:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Is the computer crashing with a blue screen error or does it just turn off or restart? Run a hardware diagnostics by following this link & check if there is an error.

No Events found!