Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

January 6th, 2023 03:00

XPS 13, D6000, 4K monitor not working

I have been happily using my XPS 13 (i7) with two SAMSUNG 1920 monitors via a D6000 docking station for many years. Yesterday I bought a 4K monitor and connected it in place of one of the existing monitors, but set-up only offers one (very small) step higher resolution. I can get the monitor to work perfectly at full 4K resolution by connecting it directly to the laptop by USB-C cable, but nothing I have tried (complete disconnect / reconnect, firmware update, ON/OFF etc) will drive it correctly via the dock. I can get everything to work together if I connect the 4K monitor and the dock independently, but this seems very clunky and the D6000 should be able to do it. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance, Sam.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 6th, 2023 03:00

Click the "Get help now" icon on the right. Share with them the private Service Tags for the XPS 13 and D6000 dock.

Our users will need more data before they can correctly troubleshoot =

* What specific XPS 13 model?
* What operating system?
* For the 6 year old D6000 dock, be sure that you have installed the latest firmware update and the dock driver

346 Posts

January 8th, 2023 22:00

Check to make sure the HDMI Firmware on the NUC is up to date. Check the support site of the 4K display manufacturer to see if a firmware update is required. Download and install the latest driver or firmware. Make sure to use a high-speed HDMI cable.

No Events found!