Start a Conversation

Unsolved

BM

4 Posts

October 24th, 2018 10:00

XPS 13 and PXE boot

Good afternoon,

I'm relatively new to Dell hardware and I've run into speed bump with the new XPS 13's and PXE booting to capture the image.  

I've noticed if the OS (Win 10 Ent) has run through the initial OOBE setup, PXE will appear in the boot options, but if I sysprep the OS (generalize or not), PXE will no longer show as a boot option.  

Am I missing something here or am I going crazy?  

Thanks for your help!

9.4K Posts

October 24th, 2018 10:00

Hi botto123,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately your post does not appear to indicate the exact model number of the computer, so we are unable to look it up.

More than likely the XPS line does not support this, but you would have to check under the BIOS settings from the support page for your model to see if it's allowed.  But mainly Precisions and Latitudes are the systems that support PXE.

Either check the support page for your system or if the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

October 29th, 2018 14:00

Thank you for your reply, Robert.  

The model I'm working with is an XPS 13 P71G.

I'll poke around the support page a bit to see if there's any resolution over there. 

PXE does work just fine, but once I sysprep the XPS 13, the PXE option disappears from the boot menu.  I'm certain I have to be missing something.  

Thanks again for the reply and the point in the right direction!  

No Events found!