Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

5 Posts

September 4th, 2022 10:00

XPS 13 plus - Touch bar not working after system board replacement

XPS 13 Plus 9320

XPS 13 Plus 9320

I had a system board replacement which  I detailed here . Since the replacement, my touch bar has stopped working. To be more explicit, there is no sign of life other than the touch bar being extremely hot. The capacitive keys don't light up at all. What makes this worse is that every time I want to boot into the BIOS I have to remove the battery, drain the residual power and then boot it up again. 

What I have tried:

* Updating the BIOS. I updated to the latest at the time of the post 1.7.1. 

* Running the diagnostic test from the BIOS screen. Which returned an error code of 2000-0315 ( I guess this is related to the high temp of the touch bar)

Setup:

Running Ubuntu 22.04 lts

Any help will be greatly appreciated

• 

16.7K Posts

December 6th, 2022 03:00

Update = Issue was resolved per system exchange.

1 Message

September 8th, 2022 09:00

My touch bar just stopped working. It is lit up but the buttons don't work. I've found the ones near the center, ie the ones that get the hottest are often unresponsive when the laptop is hot.

September 8th, 2022 12:00

I have thought about this, and have found some articles where people cite this in obscure blogs online. I, however, have left the laptop off overnight and switched it back on to no avail, so its not the temp issue for me. 

1 Message

November 17th, 2022 06:00

I am having this same issue, @Carl du Plessis, did you ever figure out how to fix this?

November 17th, 2022 22:00

Howdy @Jwalkin_2 

No I have unfortunately not. I did find a workaround for getting into the BIOS though. I have a dongle for hdmi and USB connections, but the dongle runs at lower power than what the charger supplies, and the BIOS pics this up and boots into the BIOS screen to give you this warning. 

The machine did, however, die again and Dell is sending a service agent to come and have a look at it. I will report back and let you know if I manage to get more info. 

No Events found!