Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 15th, 2020 11:00

XPS 15 7590 4k UHD | Screen dimming Adobe Photoshop

Every time I make an adjustment or just make a simple brush stroke the screen is dimming and as a photo retoucher it can be really annoying and I cannot focus on my actual work.

I found this video of someone who has the same issue that I am experiencing right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohI4hkNUxA

(In the video, you can see the screen dimming every time he uses the brush tool)

My temporary solution was to completely disable the Dedicated GPU and just use the integrated graphics but it defeats the purpose of buying this laptop for its Dedicated GPU when I cannot even use it. On top of that, the Adobe Photoshop is very slow when using Integrated graphics, especially when handling large format Images.

I hope the Dell support team can provide me a quick solution for this issue

P.S. all my graphic drivers are up to date

Thank you in advance

• 

25K Posts

January 15th, 2020 14:00

Hi!

I am sorry about this situation. I have replied to your private note.

Dell-Deepti

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 15th, 2020 14:00

I cannot... this doesn't solve the problem I am facing. I don't know if I explain correctly in my post the actual problem or not but obviously the system has an issue between integrated and dedicated GPUs. The issue of dimming/flickering doesn't occur when the photoshop application is set to use only integrated graphics.

This really makes me regret buying this device. I can manage to ignore the coil whine but screen problems like these I cannot.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 15th, 2020 15:00

I gave up with this guy and just ask for the contact details support for the Dell Czech Republic so I can return my computer. while waiting for his response I am browsing as well to look for contact information that they may have and I got this.

accessing my computer remotely or tracking what I am doing on my computer without knowing it , is unacceptable and creepy.

5.JPG6.JPG

1 Message

January 20th, 2020 00:00

How is it going??

I told Dell about this problem, but they found that all the problems were with Adobe and Intel.
I wonder how to solve this problem.

• 

25K Posts

January 28th, 2020 14:00

Hello, Tejashree here,

I hope you are doing fine.
We have not heard from you and, we will be archiving this case for now.
Please do get back to us at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

2 Posts

November 20th, 2020 03:00

I had the same issue.  Its Nvidia drivers causing that.

I came up with a  fix thats actually working for me.   Here's what I did: 

1.Its all about Nvidia Drivers tuned for games, so I've replaced a Game Driver with sth recent from Nvidia called "Nvidia Studio Driver" optimized for creative apps. (easy to google it).     Remove previous Nvidia drivers, and perform a clean installation of Studio Drivers.

2. Just to be sure uninstall Nvidia Geforce Experinece, so that you'll not have another graphical software overaly working in the background.  

3. Restart ofc...

Hope it helps to anyone!

No Events found!