Highlighted
1 Copper

XPS 15 7590 DPC latency

I have read online that the Dell XPS 15 7590 i7-9750H suffers of DSP latency. Are these issues now resolved?

I have read that you could for instance upgrade the BIOS. thank you!

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted

No response received

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: No response received

I need to know if the XPS 15 still has known latency issues when used with DAWs (reaper) for music production. I'd like to confirm the current state of this known issue before I potentially make a very expensive mistake.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Look around internet for LatencyMON results and ask at Gearsluz or other audio forums. Generally, better do not expect laptops with high specs but weak cooling to be good for DAW - ACPI.sys spikes often reported. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I am currently experiencing latency issues with reaper on my 7590 which I bought last month. I'm trying to troubleshoot with battery/performance settings in windows to see how these affect latencymon. As of now, everything will record fine for the most part, but every 30 minutes some service runs that causes audio to stutter for a second. I'm going to keep tinkering with settings and see if there's anything I can to improve latency. 

I have the i7-9750 with 16GB of RAM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: DPC latency on new XPS 15 (7590)

Looks like I made a mistake, I just bought new dell xps 15 7590

by reading online it looks like dell having some issue with the audio DPC latency for some of their laptops that using realtek audio cards.

I will get my laptop soon and will run a few sessions with abelton, if there is a problem I guess a return is the best solution? I will keep you posed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Good luck. I have been dealing with Dells support trying to get mine returned and they have been nothing but a pain. They swear up an down this is a software issue. I would have never purchased if I knew about this. I honestly discourage anyone from buying a dell if this is how their customer service is.

My advice is to return as soon as possible. It <Profanity removed> spending $2000 on an "ultrabook" that can't handle the audio software I've been using on my 5 year old lenovo that had an i5-6200.

Just as a heads up, the issue that plagues mine involves nvidia drivers that run every ~30 minutes. So it may seem fine at first but let latencymon keep running to see it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

by reading online it looks like dell having some issue with the audio DPC latency for some of their laptops that using realtek audio cards.

I don't think this is an issue with Realtek cards, although some users reported improvements using other DAW hardware/drivers, asio4all, etc. LatencyMon typically reports acpi.sys, which is power interface driver. 

Make sure you do your research and tests before the return window runs out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I guess its not worth even to try, return it and buy some other model or brand, seems to be a lot of people complains on that issue, is dell fixed that issue? new bios? new drivers? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

So here is update for everyone who seek a solution to that issue.

Bios has been updated, drivers updated ALL of them, disabled a few things that still running in the background and still having DPC Latency. the solution was really simple, returned the "ultra laptop" and bought the KING (MAC).

thank you DELL but I got my burn from you, I promise you one thing - I won't go DELL anymore.

0 Kudos