Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2019 00:00

XPS 15-7590, Killer Wireless 1650, WiFi issues

I am facing WiFi issues with my newly bought XPS 15 7590 and the Killer Wireless 1650 WiFi card. Installing latest Windows 10 and Dell Updates, replacing Dell WiFi Drivers by Killer Drivers (Aug 2nd) did not fix the problems.

On some WiFi I only can connect, if I disable ac/ax in the card driver properties or set the 2.4 GHz to 802.11b or  802.11g (Otherwise Windows keeps prompting for WPA key, even if it is correct).  On others the connection frequently drops for 1-2 seconds and then reconnects, even if I am just browsing (no heavy load on the card).

Did someone also encounter such WiFi issues with this hardware? (And probably already has as solution, besides replacing it with an Intel WiFi card?)

Thanks,

Irgi

3 Posts

December 17th, 2019 14:00

===== Killer Diagnostics =====
12/17/2019 4:59:14 PM

Killer Network Service Version:
File: Killer Network Service
Version number: 2.1.2925

Killer Driver versions:

File: KfeCo10x64.sys, Description: Killer Traffic Control Callout Driver, Version: 9.2.3.67
File: Qcamain10x64.sys could not be found
File: Netwtw08.sys, Description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Version: 21.50.1.1
File: e2xw10x64.sys could not be found
File: e2kw10x64.sys could not be found
File: e3xw10x64.sys could not be found

RN Traffic Control Service status:

SERVICE_NAME: kfecosvc
TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

Killer Network Service status:

SERVICE_NAME: Killer Network Service
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

Killer Saved Network Data:

Wireless Connection Information:

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name : Wi-Fi
Description : Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)
GUID : 2e252265-86ec-4336-855e-b11274b67545
Physical address : 50:e0:85:dd:c2:ff
State : connected
SSID : SOJOURN
BSSID : dc:fe:07:67:bb:78
Network type : Infrastructure
Radio type : 802.11ac
Authentication : WPA2-Personal
Cipher : CCMP
Connection mode : Profile
Channel : 48
Receive rate (Mbps) : 780
Transmit rate (Mbps) : 390
Signal : 72%
Profile : SOJOURN

Hosted network status : Not available

IP Config:

Windows IP Configuration

2 Posts

December 18th, 2019 06:00

Nicholas,

I already followed your recommendations but the problem persists. I notice that the problem happens mostly at home; however, I know the router at home is fine. I use that router with all my other devices without a problem.

Here is the ticket number from my previous communication with Killer Networking: 013986

I have tried all your recommendations before, please don't waste more time from your customers and look carefully at the issue. Based on the comments in this community, I am not the only one with these issues.

Best,

Edgar

December 18th, 2019 10:00

@RagdePhD Thank you again for that information, I did look up your ticket, and noticed we got no response from our initial question. If you did indeed try all 11 steps in the article we linked you then we can move forward. As far as it being isolated to home, then that does throw up a flag. You mentioned your devices are working fine if you could please respond to the ticket with which types, and if any of them have AX technology on them. 

I sent a response to your ticket with some questions that we need to know to further assist you. 

Thank you again for your time, 

Nicholas with Killer Networks.

December 18th, 2019 10:00

@SOJOURN5 Thank you for that information you have provided from your Diagnostic. I will highlight what I see that caught my attention right away. 

• Version number: 2.1.2925 (we are now on 2.2.3205
  • File: Netwtw08.sys, Description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Version: 21.50.1.1 (21.60.0.5 is out)
  • Channel : 48 (Have you tried changing channels on your router/network device)
    Receive rate (Mbps) : 780
    Transmit rate (Mbps) : 390
    Signal : 72% (This is very low, are you beside your Router, or at a distance?)

I dont mind posting, here but I would prefer to have a ticket open with our support team, have you created one by chance? @SOJOURN5 

If not then I will need the following information on this thread/post, or you can answer it in a ticket you create by contacting our support. These release notes show all information of that Version.

Thank you again for your time, 

Nicholas with Killer Networking

• 

109 Posts

December 21st, 2019 16:00

Hello!

We're awaiting your message to our previous reply.

Simran

• 

109 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 16:00

Hello,

Since we have not received a reply from you, we are closing this case. If you decide to continue at a later date, you will need to start a new thread.

Simran

1 Message

December 23rd, 2019 15:00

I to am experiencing WIFI issues, especially when playing games e.g. fortnite. The ping is fine initially then spikes up in less than a minute making it impossible to play. I owned both the 2018 and 2019 version and both have the same problem. This company is an absolute joke and really is wasting my time.

January 6th, 2020 10:00

@Tempz_H Thank you for your message on this matter, we apologize for the issues that you are encountering with your device. I take it you are on the latest Killer Software UWD (Intel Driver 21.60.0.5). Also, you may want to do a clean install with the following Steps and verify if this helps.  

Please follow these steps:  

1.) Download Killer Software UWD

2.) Download Killer Uninstaller Tool

3.) Use the Uninstaller Tool (Open Uninstaller Tool, then Click “Scan for installed Killer Software” after scan finishes click on “Remove Killer Software” once it finishes it will state “Reboot Required” click on Start Button and Restart the System)  

4.) After the system restarts, then Install the Killer Software UWD you downloaded earlier. 

If you or anyone else reading this thread are still experiencing issues with your Killer Networking adapter, we'd like to help! You can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/  

We will need the following submitted with your ticket:  

1.) What model of Router you are using (Brand and Model)

2.) Verify if the Firmware has been updated. 

3.) Screen shots of your Wireless Settings Page, and any of the Proprietary technologies you have enabled from the Device. 

4.) Diagnostic Submitted with the Ticket as well please.

To help expedite the ticket process please provide a Diagnostic along with your ticket if possible.   

Diagnostic Tool: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-diagnostics/  

Once you have the application downloaded, please run the application, click Start at the bottom left and then, once it is finished, click Save to save the output file, and attach the output file to your reply. Please do not copy and paste the results into your reply email. Please attach the output .TXT file to your reply, instead.    

Thank you again for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking  

2 Posts

January 6th, 2020 16:00

I tried 2 Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1. One bought from dell.com, the second from microcenter. I did  clean install  drivers from dell, killer, Intel. But speed test  results  are 2-3 times lower than my old MacBook Pro and Galaxy Note 9.  I ran  tests countless times with different settings - in hope that it works. Dell basic support says that this is a router problem, despite other devices are working great. "We cannot comment on other devices"(c).

As this killer 1650 is soldered, dell will not admit massive hardware issue. I guess all what left for users is checking other laptop makers

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 7th, 2020 10:00

@joriqqqIt would be nice if you had started a new thread, although this one does have just about all the suggestions we could provide.

So, two questions..  If you look at Settings-Network and View your network properties link, what link speed are you showing for your Wi-Fi Network and what model of Wireless Router do you have?

I am about to run the diagnostics on my 1650 which was not installed from the factory.  Maybe something in the text file will give some info..  Since my system is not having a situation, we could compare if such info is present.

January 8th, 2020 12:00

@joriqqq Thank you for your message on this matter, we apologize for the issues that you are encountering with your device. This thread has many responses, and I am curious if you have performed any of the recommendations we provided to the other users. If you haven't already submitted a ticket to us, can you please see the link below, I would like to see a Diagnostic from you if possible. 

I too am curious with @Saltgrass questions on the following: (you can answer them in the ticket if you wish)

"If you look at Settings-Network and View your network properties link, what link speed are you showing for your Wi-Fi Network and what model of Wireless Router do you have?"

If you or anyone else are experiencing issues with your Killer Networking adapter, we'd like to help! You can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/  

To help expedite the ticket process please provide a Diagnostic along with your ticket if possible.  

Diagnostic Tool: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-diagnostics/  

Once you have the application downloaded, please run the application, click Start at the bottom left and then, once it is finished, click Save to save the output file, and attach the output file to your reply. Please do not copy and paste the results into your reply email. Please attach the output .TXT file to your reply, instead.   

Thank you again for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 9th, 2020 07:00

@SOJOURN5Just checking your listing, which I did not see before, here are my differences.  I will be checking on getting newer drivers although the current ones seem to be doing fine with no connection problems.

My Network Service version is newer..  My Netwtw08.sys is older, 21.40.2.2 possibly due to a newer processor but I will check my install.

My Killer Network Service status is Stopped.. I don't know why but I am not picking up the IPv6 DNS server..

My radio type is showing as 802.11ax, probably due to the AX Wi-Fi router.

Your Signal strength is 72% where mine is 92%.  My link speed, due to the AX radio is 2042/2042.

Lease time on my system is around 3 days.

Your Connection mode shows as "Profile" where mine shows as "Auto Connect"

My system is running channel 64 with the 5G radio.

Something else to check.  If you look at the list of available networks, they may all have connect automatically check marks.  You might see if yours are the same way and uncheck all but the network you want to use.

1 Message

January 11th, 2020 13:00

i had the wifi drops to useless speeds after waking from sleep...

tried the suggestion on killer website seems to work for now atleast!

"Experiment with changing your Wi-Fi adapter’s Device Manager settings. Try changing one setting at a time, then testing, to see if the change helped. To get to these, right-click Start, click Device Manager, double-click Network Adapters, double-click your wireless adapter, click the Advanced tab. Then, click the following settings in the “Property” box, and change their values in the “Value” box:

1. Dynamic MIMO Power Save: Experiment with disabling "

cheers!/H

1 Message

January 12th, 2020 07:00

Hi,

This seems to solve the problem for me too!
Thank you for sharing this solution.

January 13th, 2020 09:00

@Hrc4u Thank you again for your message on this thread, we greatly appreciate your help. To all that are wondering which article in which was referenced it is this one on Wi-Fi Drops and Disconnects. (#8 - A) If you are still having issues with your device, please submit a ticket to us here

No Events found!