Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NN

1 Message

May 17th, 2020 08:00

XPS 15 7590 headphone echo

When using headphones on my XPS 15 7590 with either the WD19TB dock or the headphone jack on the laptop itself I'm finding there's an echo. It's most noticeable on voices on things like Disney+ and Netflix.

I've found lots of posts on the net talking about similar issues, but I can't find one which seems to make a difference to me.

If I disable the MaxxAudio settings then it's as if I can only hear the "surround sound" speakers (i.e. voice disappears almost entirely).

Any suggestions?

1 Message

May 18th, 2020 21:00

I am experiencing the same problem both with the in-built speakers and headphone especially on voice.

This makes editing really frustrating. 

Any solutions to this pls? 

July 25th, 2020 03:00

In order to fix this issue I went ahead and opened the Volume Mixer by right clicking on the Volume icon in the task bar. Then in the Volume Mixer, I clicked on the headphone icon to open Headphone Properties. There I went to the Advanced tab. Under Special Enhancements I found that the "Enable audio enhancements" box was checked. Once I unchecked "Enable audio enhancements", the echo went away. Hope this helps!

1 Message

November 18th, 2020 19:00

@Afernandez290  Thank you thank you thank you! This was driving me nuts, and this completely fixed it!

1 Message

May 18th, 2021 21:00

Boom, that fixed it for me, too! Thank you!

1 Message

February 11th, 2022 13:00

Thank you, thank you, thank you Afernandez290!  Your advice to uncheck "Enable audio enhancements" did the trick!  I had first tried the earlier suggestion to disable the MaxxAudio settings, but that didn't do anything to resolve the issue of it sounding like everyone I was speaking with was inside a metal box.  Your suggestion worked, and now my calls are sounding like they were before I got my new XPS 9510!

No Events found!