Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

5 Posts

February 10th, 2020 21:00

XPS 15 7590 power adapter not recognised

recently my dell xps15's power adapter hasn't been speaking with the laptop correctly. it'll be plugged in but not charging and the display can flicker at this time. could this be a faulty power adapter? I have made sure to upgrade to the newest drivers and bios and it didn't help. any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 11th, 2020 06:00

Dead or dying battery? There is no "updating to new drivers" on a laptop. The drivers are customized by Dell and rarely if ever get updated. Go to Dell Support and reinstall the original drivers. Drivers must come from Dell and no one else. https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15-7590-laptop/drivers

If you are still under warranty, contact Dell Support for help with any hardware problem. 

February 27th, 2020 17:00

The reason I included the portion about drivers is that in fact yes you can upgrade drivers on a laptop after the fact and dell will always ask if your drivers and bios are up to date just in case. That page you linked has drivers and updates to drivers. this exists as well as the entire dell update system that is installed on my laptop. these are designed to allow the user to upgrade drivers or bios versions themselves. Battery health has been amazing in practice and shows well in software so I don't think that's the problem. Dell is currently trying to set up a time to replace the power input on the laptop.

No Events found!