Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

11 Posts

March 21st, 2022 07:00

XPS 15 9500, BIOS1.13.0 fails to update

Hi,

Tried to update twice but each time it fails previously no issues re BIOS updates so assume this update is corrupted at source? As this is pretty a download and install procedure/restart not much else to go wrong. Shipped with Windows 10 Home. Anyone else having this issue?

100 Posts

March 22nd, 2022 05:00

I had a failed install as well.  In my experience, doing the install without anything else running (in the system tray as well) fixes install problems.  But I will wait now - seeing others have had problems - (eg keyboard backlight problem above).

No reason to rush into this that I can see

17 Posts

March 26th, 2022 22:00

I believe you are correct. I have been having power disconnect and reset on wake up from sleep issues. Very hard to pin down, so far, been busy with work and just need this thing to work, but I have a couple hours now to troubleshoot. 

11 Posts

June 18th, 2022 11:00

I did eventually get the update on but had to revert back to Win10, having got 1.14.0 and reloaded Win11, I'm now unable to get the latest ver 1.15.1 to load.

Any ideas should not be this difficult?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 21st, 2022 10:00

The XPS 15 9500 is validated for both Windows 10/11, so the BIOS should have installed. Below are the Laptop instructions I use =

Laptop BIOS installation instructions
* Connect the external power adapter to the Laptop
* The Laptop is not connected to any dock, external monitor, hard drive, printer, etc.
* Download/Save the latest BIOS file to the Windows desktop
* Close/end task all unnecessary software applications (Browsers, Dell SupportAssist, Dell Update Application, Dell Display Manager, Steam, Anti-virus, etc.)
* Find the saved BIOS file on the Windows desktop
* Right click the file and choose, "Run as administrator". Note, you do not need to "extract" the file. Just run it
* Follow the prompted instructions. The Laptop will reboot on its own, do not force it

11 Posts

July 6th, 2022 01:00

Hi,

This proceedure did not work I can't say I was surprised as SupportAssist failed to run the bios update.

The solution I found was to do a remote update on the one time update F12 key option, prior to bootup.

In hindsight I would have avoided purchase of this laptop, fat too many issues to deal with!

No Events found!