Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2020 02:00

XPS 15 9500, headphone jack static noise, #3

Headphones just give out harsh static noise (when you try to play any audio), the laptop can be pluged in docking station/unplugged, the issue remains the same.

Speakers are working fine.

The drivers are updated to their latest versions (via Dell SupportAssist, including the BIOS update).

version of Realtek(R) Audio - 10.0.19041.1 (driver date 6.12.2019)

Best,

Miha

2 Posts

December 9th, 2020 01:00

I managed to solve this by disabling the Waves Nx feature in the Playback tab

Screenshot 2020-12-09 112904.pngin the MaxxAudio Pro.

11 Posts

December 25th, 2020 16:00

I have a workaround!

* Right click Windows icon on left taskbar
* Click Device Manager
* Expand "Sound, video and game controllers"
* Right click on the Realtek drivers listed there
* Click Update driver
* Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
* Click "Let me pick..."
* Uncheck "Show compatible hardware"
* Click Microsoft in left pane
* Click High Definition Audio Device Version (the most recent date) in the right pane
* Click Next and follow the prompts to install it. The system might request a restart

Now my headphones work, no static!

1 Message

February 13th, 2021 13:00

Same issue for me.  It worked for me but took a bit longer.  I removed the headphones because the audio was unbearable and in maxaudiopro.  Turning off the bass didn't worked

jwadlow_3-1613250991625.png

until I realized there was a different image when the headset was plugged in and then it worked

jwadlow_4-1613251038265.png

March 13th, 2021 21:00

I had this problem on my New XPS 15 9500. I just reinstalled the RealTek Audio Driver and it fixed the problem.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 19th, 2020 02:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

October 19th, 2020 21:00

I'm having this same issue, not sure how to fix it. Audio jack was initially not working so I disabled and enabled the driver, now it has static.

6 Posts

October 20th, 2020 03:00

How I fixed the issue: disabling the sound enhancment in Waves MaxxAudio Pro (the bass boost or whatever they want to call it). 

I'm looking for a way to disable the whole maxxaudio experiance - I've uninstalled it and now I'm playing around with different audio codecs (Realtek vs Microsofts High def. audio, searching for some asio alternatives etc.) and observing the effect they have on dpc latency, sound etc... 

If I managed to get anything usefull out of this exploration I'll let you know. But for now, just killing the sound enhacment in MaxxAudio Pro or changing the realtek driver with the microsoft one did the trick. 

I'm just glad it wasn't a hardware problem...

• 

25.1K Posts

October 21st, 2020 02:00

Hi,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance from our end. We'll be happy to assist you.

-Gautam.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2020 02:00

Hi!

As I haven't heard from you for a while, I will archive this conversation. If you need any further help, please feel free to reach out to us.

Have a good one!

10 Posts

November 10th, 2020 08:00

I'm having this same issue.  It's happening on and off.  Sometimes it happens with the speakers, sometimes with the headphone jack.  Anyone know a solution?  

All the issues with the XPS are really starting to piss me off.  Mouse, USB-C port, audio - what else will not work on this.

1 Message

November 10th, 2020 10:00

I have this same problem it is driving me crazy.  Dell can you help with this please

2 Posts

November 12th, 2020 00:00

I have the same problem, it started once I've updated all drivers to latest version using DELL SupportAssistant software.

1 Message

November 13th, 2020 20:00

Hello Dell,

I am experiencing this problem as well, whenever the headphones are connected via the jack. I managed to get it working by adjusting the MaxxAudioPro by selecting "exernal speakers" instead of "Headphones" and "Headset".

Already updated the drivers or software via Dell Updates. MaxxAudioPro version 3.0.74.0.

Please look into the problem and hopefully a fix.

Thank you.

4 Posts

November 30th, 2020 02:00

You can disable the Maxaudio pro enhancement for the headphones and than it will sound normal. If you dont use the speakers again it will go back and enhance the speakers. You can change setting the way you like seperately.

So you dont have to remove the software. It works very well with the speakers.

1 Message

December 7th, 2020 09:00

Tried this, was an immediate fix! Thank you for sharing!

No Events found!