dfox416
1 Copper

XPS 15 9530 HDMI Monitor Blanks when Maximize Window

I recently started using my XPS 9530 with an external monitor via the HDMI output and I have found a strange issue. The desktop will show up fine on the external monitor, but when I open an application window on the external monitor, the screen will sometimes go black. If the application window is small enough, everything will work fine. However, if I maximize the application window or even expand it to the point where it takes up more than a certain amount of the screen, the monitor goes black until I resize the window to make it smaller (which is difficult to do when I can't see anything on the screen) or drag the window off of the HDMI monitor to the built in screen of the laptop. This happens with all applications.

I have tried this with 3 different monitors and 3 different HDMI cables, and the same issue occurs every time. Using the mini Displayport output rather than the HDMI output does not have this problem. 

Any ideas/suggestions of what could be causing this and how it can be fixed?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: XPS 15 9530 HDMI Monitor Blanks when Maximize Window

dfox416,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number. If you are out of warranty click the link below.

https://dell.to/2WRslin

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos