SteveCarlson
1 Copper

XPS 15 9550 BIOS Failure after CRITICAL Dell Update

So I have read MANY posts about others experiencing a "bricked" XPS laptop after installing the Dell Updates suggested "critical" BIOS update ... I've seen a lot of threads concerning the fact that Dell will not take responsibility for this failure because "The laptop is outside of the 2 year warranty period" An example of this is found at https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General/XPS-15-9550-dead-after-BIOS-1-5-update-doesn-t-POST-o...(I have the exact same issue as this individual with an XPS that was from November of 2015 and did not get the BIOS recovery tool pre-loaded on models after December 2015)

If the laptop is outside of the warranty period, why are YOU sending me critical updates for ANYTHING? I have followed every single post and page concerning BIOS recovery including downloading the new BIOS executable from your website and renaming it BIOS_IMG.rcv ... Nothing is working and now I am left with a very expensive paper weight. YOU BROKE IT, YOU NEED TO FIX IT!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
randallhewitt
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9550 BIOS Failure after CRITICAL Dell Update

Welcome to the club.  Had the same issue arise with my XPS 15 9550 i7 and it's dead forever.  Only 2 months out of warranty and Dells accepts no responsibility claiming there no known issues or recalls.  Motherboards are prone to fail after the BIOS update but Dell tells me there have not been any claims from customers on this issue.  I too now have a very expensive paperweight.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos