Highlighted
Lostdellxps
1 Copper

XPS 15 9550 Black Screen, no Dell logo when boot

I need help from you, and thank you in advance. My xps 9550 is black screen. When laptop boot up, there is no Dell logo and nothing, the monitor just stay black. I am able to use the external monitor after boot. I refresh the bios and video card drivers, it didn't help. I am able to do the LCD testing by holding the D key when start. The monitor do shows colors. It prove that the monitor is not dead yet. And I still can use the touch function on the screen when connect to external monitor.
Tried to hold the Fn key when start, nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions to fix the issue?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: XPS 15 9550 Black Screen, no Dell logo when boot

Check the cable that runs to the mainboard for damage -- and reseat the connector to the system board.  If it appears OK, chances are the GPU is toast -- unfortunately, that means a replacement system board (and yes, GPUs can fail in such a way as that they will drive an external screen but not the internal one).

0 Kudos
Lostdellxps
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9550 Black Screen, no Dell logo when boot

Thanks. Ejn63. The cable seems in good condition. The Laptop ran good for the last time, and shut down properly. It happens black screen when start up on the next day. It is strange that the GPU got toast.
0 Kudos