Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MO

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2020 22:00

XPS 15 9550 - Bluetooth earbuds paired, but won't connect

In "Bluetooth and other devices" settings, I can add my Bluetooth earbuds, and they will appear to be connected very briefly, before the word "connected" changes to "paired". When I select the earbuds and click "connect", I get the error "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."

My problem seems to be very similar to the following: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airpods-paired-but-wont-connect/cc7d280f-94b9-4916-8562-8a389bf3687c
However, I have tried the solutions from that forum post, and they did not help.

I have tried the following:
-different Bluetooth earbuds
-remove/uninstall the earbuds and add again
-update drivers
-uninstall and replace Bluetooth drivers
-the "find and fix problems with bluetooth devices" troubleshooter
-setting all Bluetooth services to Automatic
-connecting my earbuds from sound control panel (the option wasn't even available).

I am worried my Wifi and Bluetooth card may be damaged, since I dropped the laptop and damaged the hinge directly adjacent to the card. The vexing thing is that wifi and some Bluetooth functions are working normally. I just can't connect.

17 Posts

October 1st, 2020 20:00

I have the same issue with Sony WH100-XM2 headphones. Believe I've had these paired and working before but its been some time last used them together.

They will go through the pairing process but fail to connect. Have tried deleting and re pairing to no avail. What is strange is the symbols change with the settings window. Initially the icon shows as headphones then once paired it shows as what looks like a mobile phone. Previously it remained as a headphone icon.

They will work wired so have had do with this but defeats the object.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

October 2nd, 2020 04:00

2 Posts

January 13th, 2021 10:00

having the same problem for earphones but also another device. 

Paired but won't connect.

Were you ever able to resolve?

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2021 08:00

Got the exact same issue for few months already (with connecting for a second first time and then stuck on Paired, saying "that didn't work..." when I try to connect).

Happened to me with different BT headsets. Headsets tried with different devices and work immediately. 

Any solutions?

February 9th, 2021 03:00

I gave up on solving this problem. It's likely I have a hardware problem and would need to replace my WiFi + Bluetooth card.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2021 15:00

I have the exact same problem,in fact the bluetooth has always been a little flakey.

2 Posts

December 13th, 2021 01:00

I have the exact same issue for over a year already. I had it with a Bose QC II headphones and now with Samsung earbuds too. both working seamlessly with other devices.

Checked for all possible solution related to Windows (mentioned above and more) and nothing works. Dell won't give me support since support services are expired.

I must say this is outrageous - you buy a 2500 Euro laptop with top specs and it doesn't do the very basic things you need. And Dell are not even decent enough to solve it for you since your guarantee has expired.

No Events found!