Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

2 Posts

December 6th, 2018 05:00

XPS 15 9550 battery from trusted supplier

Like many others I have the issue with the sweeling battery that lifts up my touchpad. As I am trying to replace it as fast as possible, I have had difficulties to find a trustable supplier. In a few threads in this forum I saw Dell Community Managers sending offers to people asking for it.

Is there any official way to buy a replacement battery from Dell directly without going- perferably the bigger battery with 84Wh. On the Dell homepage I could not find such batteries in the product cataloge.

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550, bought directly from Dell Switzerland in September 2016 (So I am 3 months out of my 2 year warranty... yippieh).

Thanks in advance.

2 Posts

December 6th, 2018 15:00

Thanks for the links and the hint with the replacement. Unfortunately, those are not replaced anymore out of warranty - at least in Switzerland.

I assume you are from Canada looking at these sites. None of these is delivered to Switzerland. I found two online-shops here that have replacement batteries, but neither of them seem to have any kind of batteries that are Dell certified. Of course I could just try them, but I cannot think of reasons why Dell would not sell them or have certified vendors.

No Events found!