Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2018 19:00

XPS 15 9550, touchpad popping out

I have dell xps 15 9550. Bought it in usa 2 years ago.

I live in Israel now.

Warranty is already ended and i started to notice my touchpas is popping out. Like really out... i heard that this is a battery issue and it should be replaced and dell does offer a replacement even without warranty, but it wasn't bought in Israel. What should i do? 

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 24th, 2018 14:00

The battery is both a physical and a safety hazard - if you leave it in the system, you'll eventually destroy the touchpad, palmrest and likely the mainboard as well, turning a $100-150 battery replacement into a several times that amount in system repairs or ultimately into the need for a replacement system.  Get rid of the battery ASAP - the system will function just fine on AC power until you get a replacement battery.

If Dell does have PC support in Israel, you can call them for a replacement battery cost estimate.

Get rid of the battery now, before it destroys the system or causes a hazardous incident.

November 24th, 2018 01:00

I guess it's the battery issue.  As i'm having the same issue as well. 

Dell is coming down to replace my battery on this coming Monday.

5 Posts

November 24th, 2018 05:00

You have insurance?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 24th, 2018 05:00

The warranty extension on these has ended.  If the battery is swollen, get it out of the system NOW before it destroys the keyboard, palmrest and mainboard.

Then replace it with a new battery.

5 Posts

November 24th, 2018 06:00

I have no idea where to find a new battery or how do i fix this issue with the pad now... 

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 24th, 2018 07:00

Get rid of the battery NOW - removing it should allow the touchpad to function normally. Service manual: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15-9550-laptop/manuals Since all service/support for Dell systems in Israel is through independent dealers -- Dell has no corporate presence -- contact a local Dell seller to purchase a battery.

5 Posts

November 24th, 2018 14:00

Actually dell does have here office and even a support in Hebrew...

My laptop like this for like over 6 months ... And it serves me for studies so i cant just stop using it and thats it. Thats not a solution

Also the touchpad functional. Its just popping out

No Events found!