Highlighted
1 Copper

XPS 15 9560, 3 amber, 5 white lights blinking

About a couple of days ago I tried to turn on my XPS which I had use just an hour before but it wouldn't turn on. I noticed that the LED in the from was bilking and repeating a certain pattern (3 Amber and 5 White). went on Dell.com and found a table showing different combinations of Amber and White lights. Mine was listed as error message "SMBIOS FLASH CORRUPTION" no solution was recommended just to see a technician!  I don't have any receiver, for a mouse or anything else, plugged in. I took the computer to the store (Microsoft) where I bought it from. They tried to flash the BIOS and connected the laptop to another monitor but they couldnot see anything on the other monitor and told me they cannot do anything else since the screen does not turn on. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

No response received

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

same issue

HI,

I also have the same issue with a XP15 9560; 5 white, 3 amber, refusing to boot (i.e. I don't even get the "DELL" splash screen and an option to enter the BIOS)

I'd had this problem pretty much since I bought the computer, but it has usually very sporadic and it goes away after an hour- recently it seems to be more frequent.

Suggestions/updates very gratefully received!!

Kind regards,

dom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9560, 3 amber, 5 white lights blinking

Same thing happened to me last week-end, I used it Friday night, lock the screen. Monday morning I needed to print something and it never turned back on, I get the 3 amber, 5 white flash combination all the time but haven't found anything regarding the SMBIOS part. Looks like nothing is happening, I removed the battery, tried on power only, same behavior.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9560, 3 amber, 5 white lights blinking

1. First remove the battery, unplug the power plug, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, then plug in the power supply to see if it can be turned on, if it still can't be turned on, continue with the following steps.
2. Remove the battery, unplug the power plug, and use a Phillips screwdriver to open the back cover screws. There is an opening on one side of the cover. Use a screwdriver to gently lift the cover along the opening. Then you can remove the cover.
3. After removing the cover, locate the memory module, and use a screwdriver to gently open the snaps on both sides of the memory module so that the memory module can be released. Gently remove the memory module and wipe it to see if the memory module is intact. Wait a while before installing it.
4. Follow the disassembly method to cover the cover, install the battery, turn on the power button and restart.

0 Kudos