ryoshmbkr
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9560 Bluetooth NOT Working

You DO NOT need to format. Don't waste your time. This works perfectly for me and it took only under 3 minutes.  You DON'T need to spend many hours to re-install and re-setup everything.

nateimig
1 Copper

If the Power Management tab doesn't exist in the device properties right click on the Qualcomm Atheros QCA6x4 Bluetooth device with a yellow exclamation mark or similar, "Disable device" then "Enable device". This actually brings back the bluetooth manager and your paired devices should connect (for a short term fix until the next hibernation when it decides not to turn the device back on), but it also also brings the Power Management tab in the device properties.

Note: I never had to turn off and on the bluetooth device in the bios.

rhechcapel
1 Copper

@Paulcas wrote:

I had the same problem.  My Bluetooth would die for no reason leaving me keyboard and mouseless.   The imminent fix to get Bluetooth working again was to poweroff the laptop and disable and re-enable the Bluetooth device in BIOS.  That worked for a couple hours maybe a day.  Then I was back to rebooting and going into the BIOS.   I have a long-term workaround/fix, which is to disable management for the Bluetooth device.

Todo this:

• open "Device Manager"
  • Select "Bluetooth" on the device tree
  • find the "Qualcomm  Atheros ..." Bluetooth controller

device_manager.jpg

• double click on "Qualcomm Atheros ..." device
  • select "Power Management" tab
  • uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" 
  • powermanagement.jpg

Thank you!

My new bluetooth Microsoft Surface Keyboard was disconnecting constantly and this seems to have fixed it.

To help others find this, my setup is a 9560 XPS 15 with the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth chip.

0 Kudos
Hate MS
1 Copper

I just fixed mine - didn't have bluetooth in drivers, didn't have widcom in add/remove programmes which only shows aps now so couldn't do any of this. Did though find qualcom bluetooth 64 but couldn't delete/do anything with it so went on the net for a replacement - found a download on the lenovo site, reloaded and everything is fine now (there were some other sources but no idea if they were legit or not) https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds104695?cl=1 On a different note - hat world do we live in where product support - MS/Dell etc is actually provided by people having to fix and report their problems by themselves - this should be for tweaking/finding extra value not fixing problems for **bleep** IT companies!
0 Kudos
Finchy404
1 Copper

That hasn't solved it for me. My XPS15 9560 has been fine with my Logitech M535 mouse until yesterday, when it just no longer worked. I removed it from devices and then added it and it was fine for a while, but has lost communication with it again and now just will not work. I've changed the battery on the mouse just in case, but it just won't work. I've tried all of the above. I've tried installing the latest Killer drivers but nothing. The strange thing is that the laptop shows it as connected, but there's no response at all. I've had to dig out an old wired mouse as I can't do anything with just a touchpad, not what I'd expect from a £1500 laptop. Does anyone else have a solution that might work? I've spent (ie wasted) hours today trying to resolve it. Not happy.....
0 Kudos
Carasek
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15-9560, Bluetooth NOT working

This happens to my XPS 9560 from time to time. Usually downloading and re-installing the network card device driver works for me. Try at www.dell.com/support/home
0 Kudos
ithinktfiam
1 Nickel

Are you saying to delete and reinstall the software? I haven't used BT in months and just found the same problem. It's missing from Device Manager but that software is installed. A plain reboot didn't work.

Oops, missed the previous poster's comment. Trying it now.

0 Kudos