skip198
3 Silver

XPS 15 9560: How to disable screen orientation hotkey commands?

Jump to solution

I would like to use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Alt-Up & Ctrl-Alt-Down, however, the system is not letting these key combinations through to the application.  I believe that it's probably the Intel HD Graphics driver that's consuming these keystrokes, however, these hotkey combinations are not listed in the "Hotkeys" settings in the Intel settings.
If it is the Intel driver that's consuming these hotkeys, is there some way I can disable it? (I've already tried disabling the hotkeys, but that didn't help).
If it is NOT the Intel driver that's the culprit, could it be Windows itself?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
skip198
3 Silver

Re: XPS 15 9560: How to disable screen orientation hotkey commands?

Jump to solution

Good news - this problem has gone away, after updating the Intel HD Graphics driver. (to version 26.20.100.8142)
I still don't have rotate related hotkeys listed, but these hotkey combinations are now being passed to the application, which is all that matters to me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
skip198
3 Silver

Jump to solution

The application is Steinberg "Dorico", and here is their article about the issue: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206845970-Conflicting-Windows-shortcuts-with-Doric...
I don't have any Rotate related items listed at all, so it's impossible for me to redefine them. 
All I have is "Toggle Scaling", and "Open Intel HD Graphics Control Panel". (plus the "Restore Graphics Defaults" command, which cannot be redefined, at the top)

0 Kudos
skip198
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Good news - this problem has gone away, after updating the Intel HD Graphics driver. (to version 26.20.100.8142)
I still don't have rotate related hotkeys listed, but these hotkey combinations are now being passed to the application, which is all that matters to me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos