Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

6 Posts

July 5th, 2020 10:00

XPS 15 9560, PremierColor, BIOS, incompatible

Hi there. I own an XPS 15 9560 4K LCD (1 year warranty expired on November 24, 2018) and after a very long period of research and trying things out, I arrived to the conclusion that the problem is the new BIOS 1.19.2.

I know there are lots of posts about this (I even solved the problem for another user in this forum), but this is different. Let me explain it quickly:

The problem? Dell PremierColor app doesn't work. It just stays in the "Vibrant" setting no matter which option is selected, which means that all the colors are oversaturated.

I've tried everything: changing the "WideGamutFeatureEnable" entry from 0 to 1 in the Registry Editor, reinstalling both VGA drivers, reinstalling the Dell PremierColor app, updating Windows, messing with intel's driver options and so on. The only fix is to go back to BIOS 1.10.1. And this is not a good solution because nobody wants an old BIOS in their systems, that's why there are update releases, right? It improves the overall performance and fix previous issues of the laptop. So I don't want to be rolling back to an older BIOS and I don't want to be doing it every time windows update downloads the new one and flash it automatically at reboot.

Now, I'm a designer like a lot of people who bought this machine because of its display capabilities, and  we need this simple feature/app in order to work. Internet is filled with videos, posts, and articles about this very same issue and Dell is not doing anything.

So please, does anyone here knows how to fix this once for all, or how to escalate this to problem to someone in Dell capable of responding for this?

Thank you.

System information:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 15 9560
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. 1.19.2, 22-May-20
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
Hard Drive: SSD 512GB

No Responses!
No Events found!