Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 5th, 2018 19:00

XPS 15 9560, PremierColor not working after BIOS update

Today I've updated the BIOS to the last version as suggested by the SupportAssist app. Since then the colors looks dull and I've notice that the preset Vibrant (full) looks exactly the same that the preset Internet (sRGB). I've tried a few things: Uninstalling and reinstalling PremierColor app, downgrading the BIOS, system restoration point, and none of those things worked. Is there anything else that I can do?

6 Posts

September 5th, 2018 19:00

I've just solved the problem! Just changed the key named "WideGamutFeatureEnable" in the registry from 0 to 1 and restarted the machine.

40 Posts

November 27th, 2019 22:00

I have the same problem - no change when I switch backwards and forwards between Vibrant, and sRGB. However, I DO notice a change when I go into the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel > Display > Color Settings, and either enable or disable "Color Accuracy". When it is disabled, the colors become noticably more vivid, so I'm wondering whether the "Enabled" setting means "restrict gamut to sRGB".

I don't have any instances of the registry key "WideGamutFeatureEnable" - is that a problem?

3 Posts

September 20th, 2018 12:00

Hi! Thank you for research. But this way is not work. Temporary solution - is to roll back Intel Video driver to any previous then update to current. But after reboot colors became the same dull. May be this is BIOS problem.

3 Posts

September 20th, 2018 13:00

I had to downgrade BIOS to v. 1.10.1 and colors restored to Vibrant automatically.

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2018 15:00

Hi, DELL!

I think that problem is in new BIOS v. 1.11.0.

More exactly - is in video part of this BIOS.

I asked at least three of my colleagues who has the same notebook XPS 15 9569 and they confirmed that problem persist. New BIOS really degrade Wide Color Gamut to sRGB. And this BIOS action is independent of graphic driver version.

DELL, what's you think?

November 8th, 2018 17:00

This is happening to everybody with a 9560. It's been this way for half a year. I really don't think Dell cares at all.

No Events found!