Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2019 10:00

XPS 15 9560 and 9570 low fps / lagging solution

Hello everyone after several days of research I believe I have found a solution to both the Dell XPS 9560 and 9570 with low FPS and lagging. I have had three XPS laptops. My most recent is the XPS 9570 I did a lot of heavy work on it as I did not play games. After a week or so I wanted to give it a try playing some CS:GO. I immediately noticed the game was unplayable. Frames as low as 5 FPS. I took to the forums looking things up people talking about disabling certain resources and updating the bios I tried it all. I even installed a fresh install of Windows and still nothing. These are the steps I took to have adequate frames in game. Please keep in mind this is not a perfect solution but it allows games to be playable where you can get 60+ frames continuously with no issues. The monitor the XPS has is causing the issue from what I understand.  

#1: I used a separate monitor via HDMI (extend to second screen only)

#2: In Invidia control panel make sure these settings are configured properly under 'Manage 3D settings'

Maximum Prerendered Frames: 1

#3: In game video settings must be set properly. This is critical. I found that in CS:GO certain settings could be set to high while others could not. I eventually set my settings all to medium quality and I had frames well in excess of 60FPS+. Note that even with these adjustments frames will not be steady whatsoever my frames jump from 170 all the way down to 60 in some cases. I am still working on this issue to see if it can be resolved. 

Have any questions please feel free to ask. No this is not a perfect solution but I wanted to share my findings with the community because you can actually use your computer to play games again! 

Tim

• 

16.7K Posts

July 31st, 2019 10:00

SirNowab,

Have you updated to the latest bios version? If not, click here to download.

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2019 09:00

Yeh, I am having the same issues and people have also said its a bios issue. I personally think it might be the components which have a problem because when I bench marked the GPU I got below average ratings. I can have high fps on csgo eg 100+, but it does drop a lot.

It's not a solution but just wanted to show that you are not the only one. My XPS is about 9 months old now.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2019 00:00

Yes I have updated the bios and it seems like it has helped a little bit. I don't know if this is normal but it seems like you get stable fps once the gpu has warmed up (eg 5-10 mins) then the fps seems stable.

No Events found!