Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

May 7th, 2023 10:00

XPS 15 9560 can not turn on

XPS 15 9560

XPS 15 9560

this morning I found that battery cannot be charged any more. I plugged in power adaptor, the battery icon changed to charging icon. but battery is not charged. Then the laptop can not turn on anymore, pressed the power button, it will be on 2-3 seconds, then turned off. the LED on power adaptor is on and I measure the voltage of adaptor, it is about 20V. so I think power adaptor is OK. but I do not understand why laptop can not turn on if battery is dead.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

May 7th, 2023 13:00

A faulty battery can prevent the system from powering up.

Power off, remove the base cover and disconnect the battery from the system board.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the memory modules.  Verify that the LED on the AC adapter or DC plug is on before you plug it into the system.  If it's not, replace the adapter with an OEM Dell unit.

Once you have verified the adapter works, plug it in to the system and see if the system will POST.  If it will, shut down and reconnect the battery and try again.  If the POST halts with the battery connected but not without it, the battery is bad.

If the system still won't POST without the battery, the mainboard is bad.

May 13th, 2023 18:00

ye, I removed the battery and it can boot. I put the battery back, it can be charged again. The battery may close to the end of life. 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 15th, 2023 01:00

Perform a hard reset to your Dell laptop

If the battery is removable (though most recent Dell laptops have an integrated battery that can't be removed), remove it. Then press and hold the laptop's power button for 20 seconds. Finally, plug the laptop back into the AC adapter and connect it to the wall.

No Events found!