XPS

Last reply by 04-04-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 15 9560, firmware 1.19.2, Alert! TPM is not detected

Followed all of the support knowledge base and some other guides, but nothing worked. Here is my situation:

1. Device Manager- not showing security devices at all (Including TPM)

2. BIOS (F2) has no option for TPM security

3. Bitlocker- off

4. TPM 2.0 firmware software and driver "TPM query failed"

5. When powering off, unplugged, wait 30 seconds, plug back in, turn on device - problem still shows up

6. When powering off, unplugged, take out battery, drain battery 60+ seconds, plug everything back- same problem

7. Downgrading to 1.15- "ME Firmware downgrade was not allowed", "Firmware update failed"

8. Admin powershell / disable-tpmautoprovisioning - device is not ready for use

9. tpm.msc - compatible TPM cannot be found

I read as much as I could, but I could not find a solution. 

@Dellalias

@TeHe 

@Richie1981 

@JD111 

If anyone could, Please help this poor student and Thanks!

Replies (64)

we have bought new laptops in the company, and of course we have not counted on dell. Whenever I have the opportunity I advise against buying a dell.

This seems to have worked for me! 

7 Thorium

If this is an XPS 9560, it's not just the TPM that's the issue -- it's the CPU they use, which does not meet Microsoft's requirements.  It doesn't matter which name is on the outside - Dell, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, Acer, Apple, etc. -- the generation CPU used in these is not compliant with Windows 11 requirements.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm writing to second this issue. It's been going on for years. Very frustrating, especially as it presents as a stopping error on BOOT. The firmware 1.15 simply wrote the error to a log file rather than stopping the process, but the error was there: "TPM is not detected". I've tried all those battery draining tricks recommended on other threads, at al and nothing. I am of the firm conclusion my model does not have the chip. The explanation that some territories do not ship with TPM chips correlates with the reduced price on the website when I purchased the model originally and why it took so long to deliver (to Australia).

In short: my laptop is not suitable for the upcoming Windows update due to; either not being produced up to specification, or being rendered incompatible by update error or hardware failure within 3 years of purchase.

My next business machine could not possibly be justified to be a Dell. Unless of course Dell could solve the issue of their premium line being incompatible with common security requirements within the territories they sold them?

Bios 1.15 writes the TPM issue to log, but it is still present. Subsequent BIOS updates issue a stopping alert for the issue.

Same problem for me, with 1.21.1 BIOS on Dell XPS 9560...

A pity...

This work for my Dell XPS 9560, I have tried everything else but rolling the bios back from 1.21 to 1.15 worked it sad that Dell hasn't manage to fix this yet

1.15 is not a solution. Why don't they fix this issue? Over 2.5 years of problems with this XPS 15 9560.
I think the best solution is to recycle it already.

This worket perfectly for my XPS 15 9560!

Thanks a lot  @fishfishmac

The BIOS 1.15 can be downloaded from DELL (just google it)

I will write again, if there is trouble again

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions