Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2018 10:00

XPS 15 9560, integrated webcam not working

My integrated webcam has not been working for the past couple of months. I have tried everything, from support assistant troubleshooting, to uninstalling and reinstalling my driver. Nothing seems to work... Any suggestions?

1 Message

September 12th, 2019 09:00

I reinstalled the latest BIOS and Chipset driver to get my camera to start working again.

2 Posts

March 9th, 2019 11:00

The webcam does not appear in the device manager at all. As if it does not exist. I tried everything. It is a brand new xps15 9570 (It never worked from the begining)

2 Posts

March 9th, 2019 11:00

Same problem here. Seems common with XPS15 9570 also. I tried everything. No solution. I contacted support. No reply yet.

9.4K Posts

March 11th, 2019 06:00

Hi Gre832,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post doesn't indicate if you've tried running systems diagnostics yet.  Please run Dell SupportAssist and make a note of any error messages encountered.  Post back here so we can assist further.  If there are no error messages then that may indicate either a software or driver issue.

Please try running a program like Skype or a program like Webcam Test and post back.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software Guide

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

1 Message

October 6th, 2019 09:00

I have exactly the same problem. The web camera is not visible at all on device manager. It is also not detected as a hardware list in Dell SupportAssist. It is like the camera does not exist. I have updated windows, as well as everything through the Dell Update application. Bios was updated too, but didn't fix the issue. In Device Manager, I have an error under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. There I can see Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I assume it is connected to the issue, since I have nothing plugged into the USB ports and the only issue with the PC is the camera not being detected. 

1 Message

November 7th, 2019 02:00

Same problem here. Camera used to work fine and now just disappeard

Running linux, just did the latest BIOS upgrade to 1.13.0

This is on Dell XPS 15 9570

No Events found!