Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

November 12th, 2018 09:00

XPS 15-9560, no BT or WiFi

Hi, I got the XPS 9560 with the Killer 1535.

5 days ago (Thursday) my Wifi stopped working - I couldn't see any network. I thought it's a problem with the Wifi.

On saturday I realized that the problem still exists and the problem is on my comp not the router. funny thing, my one year warranty expired in that same day (!).  I tried to contact dell support today because there is no one to talk to on saturday or sunday, not even anyone to chat with on dell support.

So Iv been trying to fix that problem myself with anything I could find on the web but nothing works. (Troubleshooting, installing old driver/updating drivers/update windows bios etc)

Now device manager doesn't even recognize my network card. 

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 12th, 2018 10:00

Have you tried to run diagnostics yet? Restart the system and when you see the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full diagnostics and look for any problems. If the wifi card is not detected at all, it may be a problem with the card and not a setting. No matter what the hardware should be detected. Also check the BIOS to be sure that wifi has not been disabled. Restart the system and at Dell splash screen start tapping F2 to check BIOS settings. Just check the wifi setting and make sure not to change anything else.

2 Posts

November 12th, 2018 14:00

Thank you for your help. I was running full diagnostics as you said. at the LOG it says that the Wireless LAN and the Bluetooth are NOT INSTALLED. what does it mean? how I can install it? after tapping f2, the WLAN and BT were enabled (V mark). What should I do next?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 13th, 2018 08:00

So if I understand correctly, diagnostics displayed not installed but the BIOS WLAN and BT were enabled. Another post in the forum has a similar problem. What solved it may help you.

"Another option is Windows has blocked it in some manner and needs to be reminded it is there.  If you can disable the device in the Bios, do that and reboot a couple of times then re-enable the device."

Follow those directions. Again disable both in the BIOS and after rebooting a couple of times, enable them again. If that still does not help then it is possible that there is a problem with the wifi card and the system does not detect the card because of a card hardware problem. The only option then is to replace the internal card or buy a USB wifi adapter.

1 Message

February 17th, 2022 14:00

This just happened to me too!!! 1 month after warranty expired!! Very fishy! They won’t even help me unless I pay $100. Tech was 0 help what so ever. Still no resolve…. 

No Events found!