Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2019 23:00

XPS 15 9560, waves maxxaudio crash/not responding

Hi there,

Hoping that someone has come across this and can assist please.

This seems a bit different from the usual Realtek/Waves issues, and have searched and uninstalled/reinstalled drivers for a few hours. This all started after a Windows or Dell update.

The Waves MaxxAudioPro program seems to be installed and running in taskbar, however when I open it and hover my mouse or click on a button, the window will stop responding and then disappear.

However it still appears in taskbar and I can do the same thing above again.

The main issue being the pop-up window also no longer appears when I plug in to the Aux input, so I have to restart to get it to realise that external speakers have been plugged in.

I have tried a lot of older drivers and am now back on the 8622 driver.

Thanks in advance.

February 28th, 2020 09:00

Sorry for not responding sooner. My solution broke.

Here is what I'm running now (Maxxaudio pro)

Version 6.0.1.8569, A13

Link to solution I found (dell community forums) 

Driver installation 

I'm guessing that the best way to reinstall drivers is to uninstall, but I'm too lazy to do that, so I just ran the download.

October 9th, 2019 11:00

Same problem. Additionally, plugging in headphones doesn't work because the maxxaudio pro application crashes. However, it is still running in the background.

4 Posts

October 11th, 2019 20:00

Yes, same for me.

Do you know when you starting having this issue - was it the Windows/Dell update?

October 15th, 2019 14:00

Yeah. It was after the windows update in August/September. I'm not sure when because I kept uninstalling the windows update to try to keep Maxxaudio Pro working. But.... after kindle stopped working from not updating windows, I was forced to update windows. And it's not just Waves Maxxaudio pro not working. Also Intel Rapid Storage Technology will not open as well as dell update. Both crash upon starting the application. Sometimes the loading screen will show, but most of the time they just appear on my task bar and then disappear instantly.

November 2nd, 2019 12:00

Okay, I found a solution for myself. I just used a driver updater program that updated all my drivers. My intuition told me it was my device detector driver that was malfunctioning. I'm not sure if this is true, but it was on the list of drivers updated.

I specifically used Snappy Driver Installer Origin.

Never use driver easy.

You don't have to use Snappy. You can use any driver updater that appears in the google search.

November 3rd, 2019 06:00

Hey i have a dell inspiron 7566 laptop and i have the same problem and this happened exactly after the update. I have tried uninstalling and installing various drivers but maxx audio pro still does not work. It crashes. I also tried your way but nothing changed. Can you please help. I can play games the audio is terrible!

4 Posts

November 9th, 2019 18:00

Ok, thanks a lot for coming back and providing an update.

Sounds like your issue was the exact same and it was due to the Windows Update.

I will have a look into that one.

4 Posts

November 29th, 2019 23:00

Ok, just did the updates of all drivers as detected by Snappy Origin - unfortunately it did not help.

A bit disappointing that we pay for a 'premium' laptop like an XPS 15 and it's not even able to do something as simple as detecting when speakers are plugged in..

November 30th, 2019 03:00

I have this same problem on Dell 7567 after a recent windows update. 

No Events found!