Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2018 09:00

XPS 15 9570, activate Windows 10

I just got a brand new XPS 15 and it asks for windows activation key. No product key is provided.

2 Posts

November 5th, 2018 19:00

I just found if you click on "Troubleshoot" under Activation, ms/windows goes ahead and activates itself.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 9th, 2018 11:00

Systems purchased from Dell come with Windows and it'll be pre-activated.  

If you purchased the system other than from Dell, contact your seller to find out why the system came without the Windows 10 key embedded on the mainboard (Dell does ship systems without Windows to sellers, particularly in locations where laws prohibit it from preloading Windows -- or to sellers trying to buy systems for less money;  it also ships systems with Linux rather than Windows in some configuraitons).  If that's what happened, you'll need to obtain a license key for Windows from your seller.

81 Posts

September 10th, 2018 10:00

If you got this problem at installation stage you can skip this step and try activate operating system after this process has been completed. Maybe at this stage Windows will be not complaining about it.

2 Posts

September 13th, 2018 16:00

I'm not trying to reinstall Windows. Just got a brand new laptop from Dell Canada's site. So out of the box Dell did not send a pre-activated version of windows.

2 Posts

November 5th, 2018 19:00

Did you happen to solve this? I have the exact same issue - brand new XPS, no Windows activation key.

1 Message

November 20th, 2018 21:00

thanks! that did the trick for me!

No Events found!