Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

All,

One of our Dell audio engineers has created this confidential survey. Please fill it out. This will help our XPS platform team pin point the issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This looks like a survey for doing creative work on Dell computers? There are only a few questions that relates to audio issues and the rest are related to music and video production.

To be clear, the crackling issues do not only happen when producing music, they also happen when listening to music.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is scandalous. One of the most expensive ultra laptop of Dell is unusuable because of crackling sound. And Dell does nothing to correct it!!

You are not an Apple and never will be..

It's a shame!!!

I do meetings with top companies on skype business, webex, gotomeeting, etc. And sometimes i heard nothing on the calls that we discuss million dollar top projects because of this **bleep** laptop which generates noise and crackling sound at the background which happens random!!! 

All you say it's deactivate some spatial sound or reactivate. You do not know even the real solution..

I will put this laptop to the trash soon. I have already ordered a new laptop...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I just wanted to say that I've found a workaround that essentially fixes the issue.

On my machine, the crackling rarely occurs, most of the time it is fine. So when the issue does appear, I simply do this: right click on the speaker icon in windows, and toggle the "Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic for Headphones)" and the issue goes away for a few hours. While it is annoying to do this, I have to do it so infrequently that I don't really consider it a problem anymore.

I hope that this solution works for other people as well.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi BWG, thanks for tips, but do you mean that you "activate" the windows spatial and after a couple of hours the issue comeback?

Thanks in advance for clarification

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

That's not a fix, that's a workaround.

I also do something similar, by disabling and enabling again the Playback device.

Cheers

Highlighted
2 Iron

Jump to solution

If I right-click the audio icon in the windows tray, right below the "Open Volume Mixer" option is an option that either says "Spatial Sound (Off)" or "Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic for Headphones)", if you click that option and change whatever setting it is on to the other setting, your audio will shut off for a second, then turn back on. Then for me, it is fixed for a while. After a while the crackling invariably returns but it takes a few hours.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This temporary fix works. Dell, when is there going to be a proper fix? This laptop has been out for months.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Bronze, are you still struggling with this issue? The quality team is working on solving it and was wondering if you had any updates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am currently experiencing the same issue on the xps 15 9570. I can offer any feedback your team would like. 

0 Kudos