Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

Another quicker workaround is restarting the audio service.
I created a bat file with the following commands:

net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv

Then I bound that file with a keyboard shortcut (es. CTRL + ALT + A) so every time they start crackling I simply press the key combination and in few seconds they come back work normally.

In my case this workaround works for a few hours, sometimes less.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

how do you bind it to a hotkey?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@TheBjorn wrote:

Another quicker workaround is restarting the audio service.
I created a bat file with the following commands:

net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv

Then I bound that file with a keyboard shortcut (es. CTRL + ALT + A) so every time they start crackling I simply press the key combination and in few seconds they come back work normally.

In my case this workaround works for a few hours, sometimes less.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Seems to have worked for me...it's only been a day, but so far so good.  Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

what tip are you referring to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the Windows "spatial sound on / off" workaround, it worked for me! Come on DELL fix this bug, it's embarassing for a premium laptop...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks mate, it worked!

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  I requested a replacement laptop and I'm having the same issue with the new one.  If this isn't solved I'm probably just going to return my system for a refund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm currently talking to Dell regarding a replacement, but have also realized that many people seem affected and a replacement would probably persist the same issue. 

I've tried updating and reinstalling the audio drivers with no luck. Really love the laptop, but it's a major let-down. Let me know how it goes. They told me they'd schedule an appointment with an engineer to overlook the laptop, so I'm considering doing that and seeing if they find some software issue that is an easy fix. The more people we have write to them the more likely they'll develop an update for everyone to use. 

Highlighted
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@MikeKuhlmann wrote:

I have the same issue.  I requested a replacement laptop and I'm having the same issue with the new one.  If this isn't solved I'm probably just going to return my system for a refund.

I hate to break it to you, but after requesting a replacement, you can't receive a refund. At least this is what I was told by the Returns department.