Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

Thank you for pointing that out!  I was thinking of asking for a replacement but now i'm not going to risk it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same issue, maybe 2-3 times every day. This happens with laptop speakers, bluetooth headphones, jack headphones or external jack headphones. It happens with YouTube, VLC, iTunes, or any software.

I noticed it happens more often if I watch a movie/tv show and I pause the movie, when I play it back, the crackling start.

Simply closing the software and re-open it is a valuable workaround for me. Or changing the sound quality in the settings.

I tried re-installing the drivers, no success.

This is truly annoying, I keep looking online for solutions but I can. If I do, I'll update you guys here. I feel your pain...

Flo

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with that crackling sound that sometimes occurs (with the 9570 i7 8th Gen). I'm in contact with support but we haven't found a solution yet. Was somebody able to solve this issue by having the laptop repaired? Dell might send a technician to repair the Laptop but I kinda fear that it might not be a hardware problem (the tests you can do at the Dell support page all show that there is no issue with the hardware). Any experience with this?

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Same problem here. It even happens with headphones. I am really dissapointed with the quality of the sound on my new XPS 15. I thought that this may be a hardware issue, maybe the sound card is overheating but it's not. It's just a software thing and I am 100% sure about this because the happens frequently if you are messing with the MaxxAudio settings and basicaly restarting the program or pausing the song for a second solves the problem. It's a shame that these kind of issues happen on such a good laptop.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Yea I have the same issue , trying to experimentate with Maxxaudio and see if that helps but no luck. and Yes it seems to be random when the pooping and crackling noise happens. Usually I find that it happens when my antivirus is working in the background. Or dell support assist scan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Sorry for my bad english, I try to explain what worked for me.

In my case the problem was not the maxxaudio (I read a lot about it) but the Realtek's driver.
Do not unistall the driver but download the driver directly from the site of Realtek.

The automatic procedure will unistall the previous driver and install it again.

After doing that, I never had audio problems again.

I hope this could work for you

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello - which specific driver on the Realtek website did you download?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

If anyone interested, I eventually returned my unit. By installing sound drivers from Realtek website, I was able to temporarily solve "crackling sounds" issue. But after like 2 or 3 days all of a sudden the laptop lost all sound at all and Windows couldn't identify sound device. Even after reinstalling Windows one more time, sound wasn't working at all. I guess my unit just had a faulty motherboard or something. So If you experience a similar issue, I would suggest don't try to fix it, just return your unit if you can.

0 Kudos