Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

@nierika same here, I was told to reinstall the OS several times and in different ways, which I did to rule out that as an option. I wasted soo much time doing this. This is ridiculous

How Dell can pass off a defective laptop as premium and costly is beyond me

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Bought my XPS15 in December, now 6 weeks later for the first time I experienced the "crackling" as well. The workaround for turning spatial sound on worked, but I'm concerned as this is not a fix. I've already had a open ticket with Dell - whenever I log the screen the laptop will go into hibernate mode (even when plugged in) and required a hard restart to get the screen back alive.

Agree - for a premium laptop at a premium price I'm not overly impressed - maybe should have done more research.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The black screen issue was also common, fortunately it was solved by some bios or driver update. Too bad I had to download the right driver manually, Dell Update app is worthless.

Audio crackling problem prevails. In my case it is not too bad, though. I have come across some interesting information about this issue:
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Win-10-Home-High-DPC-latency-XPS-15-9570-ACPI-sys/td-p/6113042
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9570-s-DPC-latency-issue-should-be-fixed-soon.341436.0.htm...

BTW does anyone hear the sound from the laptop's jack like slightly echoing? Almost like there is a small delay between the channels, but I can actually hear it in a single channel as well. It is very unpleasant with headphones. My wireless headphones don't do that, though.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Please Dell come with a fix for this... so annoying.. we all bought a expensive laptop and it's **bleep**... crackling noise... HDMI to external monitor that doesn't work..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

its ssuuuuupeeeeer annoying like whyyyy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution
Because they **bleep**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I've had the same issue. For me updating to the latest BIOS (1.7.0) fixed the issue!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Strike that, I spoke too soon.....
After an hour or so it started crackling again 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same thing here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Having the same problem! Audio crackling whether it be AUX or speakers. DELL PLEASE FIX! Very pricey laptop and this is not fixed. disappointing

0 Kudos