Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

May return and go somewhere else, will update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My audio has occasional squeaks when there is no audio playing. It also distorts very badly at all volume levels when playing local and streamed audio. It happen when I'm using the on board speakers and occasionally with the headphones and over HDMI to external speakers. There have also been issues in which no sound will happen at all.

I've flashed the BIOS, reinstalled several Realtek drivers, Intel UHD audio drivers, and Maxx Audio.

The laptop is becoming unbearable because of the random squeaks. I can't bring this into a meeting or watch a video at home. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

If someone wants to try this method, feel free.

1. Disable realtek audio and waves maxxaudio in the Services

2. Disable waves maxxaudio in the startup

3. Make sure you don't have Smartbyte installed or any of its services

4. Uninstall both softwares, remove and delete the realtek audio driver

5. Reinstall realtek audio, do not use the dell supplied driver.

6. Check Services if both are still disabled.

You should get a very good sound level even without the maxxaudio software. If you're sound level is low when you did the steps then you have to repeat the process. Not disabling the realtek unified in the services will make the sound level lower. 

The weakness will be you need to restart the device every time you plug a headphone. mic and other functions won't work. So far I have no cracking audio or popups, sound level is also very good. I'm using a fresh copy of windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

/post deleted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It's a bit depressing to get my new XPS 15 that I saved up for (to replace an old version that I bought 8 years ago), figure out that it has this one hugely annoying flaw, and then see that an entire community of people has the same issue and it still hasn't been fixed. The workaround mentioned earlier rarely works for an entire hour, and usually less than 20 minutes for me. So I created a Dell Community account just to throw my hat in with the rest. I really hope that there is something that Dell can do about this because this thing is certainly not going to make it long without my using the warranty. Really love the laptop otherwise, but its a bit much to ask us to just live with such a continually grating flaw that effects all types of audio. Fingers crossed that some sort of fix can be made!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Dear everyone, I have embarked on a long conversation with the support for this problem. I tried all the solutions you proposed, as well as a strong reset and reinstalling all the drivers. but unfortunately it seems not to have been solved. To this I add the problem of the keyboard that seems to be resolved with the BIOS update 1.6.0. (let's hope). The media told me that the problem will be raised to a higher level of support. I await their news and I will let you know. Do you have any news from DELL?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problems here. I'm on my second dell xps right now after the first one got picked up for replacement. I went true all the support troubleshooting and it took amazingly long. Now on my second laptop the same issue appeared the first day I used it. Also send another message to support and they forwarded it to another team for a fix. I'm hopeful ! emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Received this laptop on Saturday... already having this speaker issue on my XPS 13 2-in-1. At this point I'm preaching to the choir, but **bleep** is this a bummer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Me too suffering from the same problem on my DELL XPS 15 9570 & Don't know what to do. But indeed it is an amazing machine.
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have try many different way to fix this stupid problem, cause my XPS have sound problem, also have Sleep Mode problem, it will turn on randomly. then I have to try to fix it, cos it turn on in my computer bag when I was in aircraft which very danger. 

Here is the way I try, at the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound  -> Power Options -> System Setting -> I change all the "Sleep" to " Hibernate " for now Sound and Sleep Mode problem seem better, I am not sure it work or help,. as all we know the sound problem will comeback few days maybe. for all you guys facing this problems if have time try this see it can help,. thanks.

Cos this High-end XPS cost me US$3375, I just want it work normal

P.S Dell have no idea why cause the sound crackling problem as they reply. they just try to replace this or that to waste the time. 

0 Kudos