Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

Same exact problems, audio crackling, white noise, keyboard problems (and who knows what else) all developed in some time...

I'm trying to solve them with your guides and re-installing driver from support page of the specific producer. So far it seems working.

Let's just say that the hardware is really good (as always), SW department of Dell messed up just the driver part....it's half of the machine though... so... they should really improve the quality of update...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. It must be a software issue because if you plug in headphones or external speakers, the problem persists. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver from both RealTek's website and Dell's website, and even did two factory resets (first time with Keep Files, second time full reset). Nothing has worked. 

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Same problem! Getting worse over the last two months.

I notice the crackling comes when I change programs or adjust settings, etc.

One would think DELL is intentionally wanting to lose many loyal customers with this unwillingness to acknowledge and fix such a major problem.

Last DELL I will ever buy if not fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Just got my XPS 15 one month ago and having the same issue. 

I found the same workaround as you (right clic on sound and change settings). 

But I saw a kind of an other good workaround on YouTube that KIND OF fix the issue. From then I only hear sometime  quiet small crackling (nothing compared than before). 

> Go to your Device Manager, System Devices and disable Dell Diag Control Device

Kind of work 🙂 

Something now I ve tried to fix it definitely : 

> I uninstall MaxWave Audio & all Realtek drivers. Then reinstall them all and enable MaxWave. For now it works, (just a day). I ll keep you in touch. 

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I got my motherboard and speaker replace the problem still remain, then the retail shop got me a NEW XPS 9570 replacement, the  problem NOT FIX, I think this is design failure. and @DELL don't know how to fix it so till now they just ignore this ~ never reply! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Does anyone know whether you will still get the crackling and popping if you channel the sound through an external DAC?  The sound quality of the Waves MaxxAudio sound card isn't that great, so music would likely benefit from an external DAC anyway.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Edit: My reply was to the user that asked about the DAC.

I too experience the fustrating crackles, will test going over all the parameters from the Dell poster.

Wondering the same, I'll test with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
Any news from Dell? Did you manage to replicate the issue?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I´ve the same problem with my new XPS 15 9570. Iam about to buy a external sound dac and would be really interested if the problem persist even when using an external sound dac solution.

@davesbrown @R-Bar Did you test it with your Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 already? Really looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

same issue here. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it's not working. The problem seems unsolved for months now, do you think the best action is to ask for a refund? I bought this laptop for music production and cannot risk to lose my 14 days of return policy.

I also tested it with an external sound card (Steinberg) and the problem persists.