3 Silver

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Jump to solution

Hi,

same problem here. Let's keep the thread updated.
First time I buy a premium laptop and I got this annoying issue…can't believe it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I have the same issue as everyone else. By now it is clear there is an issue with Dell's sound driver. Although the driver proposed by dwil233 might work I feel it is Dell's responsibility to address the issue and release an new driver of their own. After all, we bought an expensive Dell product.
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

3.5 months I come to this thread to see if somebody figure out a solution as I lost faith in Dell after being a customer for... 3.5 months.

The easiest way I resolve the issue every 60 minutes is: Right click on Sound icon / Spatial sound / Toggle between Off and Windows Sonic for headphones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

For audio problems you can test different drivers/programs configurations with DPC Latency Checker. Another good tool is LatencyMon, which tells you which driver is causing latency problems with a detailed report. However it is not always easy to find out the real cause, even with this tool.

In my case I kept for few days DPC latency Checker open during my regular sessions, and I discovered that using tools that check the Dell temp sensors (like Aida or hwinfo) dramatically enhanced the latency of the system (4000+ microsecs), leading to audio popping. So I figured out what was causing my problem: too much attention to the details of my machine!

With this tool you can also notice that in certain conditions the latency is reasonably low (below 1000 microsecs), while the more common situation is with a latency slightly higher (roughly 1300 microsecs) and this difference could be explained by Dell engineers here. However, audio problems start above 2000.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same thing here, when you find a permanent solution, please let me know! I'm tired switching  spatial sound. !!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

**bleep** to see such an issue on an high end laptop, my 5 years old mid level Asus beats the **bleep** of my brand new XPS 9570 when it comes to audio production... Really disappointed 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: XPS 15-9570, Audio crackling and popping

Jump to solution

there's this 6.0.1.8557 A03 driver that XPS 9570 users might try out, even though it's for certain Inspiron laptops only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
Do you think we have any chance for Dell to address this issue?..Do they actually read this forums? It's really upsetting to have this kind of stupid problems after paying more than 1500€ on their products!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
UP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my system, bought on 10-27-2018