Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15-9570, Audio crackling and popping

Jump to solution

I purchased a Dell XPS 9570 in early Feb '19 and when the unit is plugged in the speaker to the left of the trackpad makes a static/crackle sound that is annoying.  However, when the unit is not plugged in the noise goes away.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@DJG1, I can only recommend that you return the device and demand the money back. That's not the only problem your XPS 9570 has:
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9570-BIOS-Sleep-Mode-Gone/td-p/6131926
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/8wy79o/black_screen_flicker_on_dell_xps_15_9570/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, im not sure if someone has mentioned this before but I changed the sample rate to 16 bit 44100Hz in the driver/speaker settings and so far no problems. The issue i think is that most audio online and on many music services are played back at this bit rate. Unless you are into high res audio which is recorded differently in the studio then 24 bit at 480000Hz would be optimal for playback. basically for my case it looks like there was a sample rate mis-match that produced the clipping noise. hope this helps J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

already tried with 16-44100 but the problem still occurs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

UPDATE

cackling has returned, oh well as many people have put it on this thread its probably a driver issue. Hardware should be a non-issue I can confirm this because this was a replacement unit hence until dell fixes this software issue its probably going to plague as all. If dell is reading this, all the drivers and the bios are up to date as of 26/11/2018. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I also have this problem and I just got this laptop today. The temporary fix (spatial sound fix) only worked for about 20 mins before the popping and crackling started again. Very disappointed with this and hope dell finds a fix too and if not I will most certainly return my unit. Dell fix this issue quickly!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Got my XPS on Monday I did a clean install getting rid of everything and flashing the BIOS and just now the issue appeared I went to the Realtek website got rid of the current Realtek driver completely and downloaded the original one from Realtek. I feel like even the audio changed after I installed it. It become more clear and definitely more HD. If I recall correctly after I did the clean install I had the Dell Update app which looks for missing or outdated drivers and it didn't detect the Realtek and after being around forums for a while it seems their problem is outdated drivers most of the time. For now I have no crackling issues but I am gonna update you if something comes up. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Jump to solution
@eumak15 What exact driver version did you download from Realtek? Do you have a link?
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is the link I used https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...   I downloaded the 64-bit ver. I first deleted the previous one and then installed the new one. (p.s. remove the %C2%A0 from the end of the link it is just automatically added for some reason)

Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Either I installed the drivers from realtek website. The version is the same as dell package. I lost the maxxsound panel and now i can only choose headphones from the dialog when connecting my speakers to the jack. I tried to replicate the bug but it has not occurred yet.

Even the maxxsound panel has gone I noticed that realtek package installed maxxsound stuff as well.

0 Kudos