Highlighted
s-plus
2 Iron

Re: XPS 15-9570, Audio crackling and popping

@eumak15 What exact driver version did you download from Realtek? Do you have a link?
eumak15
1 Copper

This is the link I used https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...   I downloaded the 64-bit ver. I first deleted the previous one and then installed the new one. (p.s. remove the %C2%A0 from the end of the link it is just automatically added for some reason)

Axl Jay
2 Iron

Either I installed the drivers from realtek website. The version is the same as dell package. I lost the maxxsound panel and now i can only choose headphones from the dialog when connecting my speakers to the jack. I tried to replicate the bug but it has not occurred yet.

Even the maxxsound panel has gone I noticed that realtek package installed maxxsound stuff as well.

0 Kudos
Hirnfleisch
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

Hi guys,

I´ve the same problem with my new XPS 15 9570. Iam about to buy a external sound dac and would be really interested if the problem persist even when using an external sound dac solution.

@davesbrown @R-Bar Did you test it with your Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 already? Really looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
mttbrc
1 Copper

Hi guys,

same issue here. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it's not working. The problem seems unsolved for months now, do you think the best action is to ask for a refund? I bought this laptop for music production and cannot risk to lose my 14 days of return policy.

I also tested it with an external sound card (Steinberg) and the problem persists.

Hinkepie
1 Copper

Is there any progress on a patch at this moment? I have this laptop for a week and invested in it with my savings as a student. So having this problem really bugs me. I'm really hoping on an easy update from Dell...
Axl Jay
2 Iron

After a few days of usage I can confirm the issue has gone. All it takes is to install the drivers from realtek website.

0 Kudos
R-Bar
1 Copper

The modified driver did NOT fix the crackling for me.

0 Kudos
R-Bar
1 Copper

@Hirnfleisch I did not test it with an external DAC.  I spent a lot of time with Dell support unsuccessfully trying to resolve the issue.  After their re-installs did not fix the issue, they could not give me any assurances that an external DAC would do so, or that if I sent the laptop in for repair Dell knew how to fix the problem, so I returned the laptop.  Unfortunate, since I otherwise really liked the laptop.

0 Kudos
davesbrown
1 Copper

@Hirnfleisch I have not been able to do an extensive test, but I did wait until I had the crackling and then plugged in the DAC Focusrite and there is no crackling.  I plan on doing some more tests to see if I can reproduce or trigger the crackling and switch between devices.

0 Kudos