Highlighted
3 Silver

Re: XPS 15-9570, Audio crackling and popping

Jump to solution

After a few days of usage I can confirm the issue has gone. All it takes is to install the drivers from realtek website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Have same problem, reinstalled the driver exactly as you did but the issue occasionally persists... Did you really solve it by reinstalling the driver?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
I'm reposting the link https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw... these are the driver that seem to work properly. But first you need to uninstall Dell's drivers (from device manager) and Maxxsound software (from Settings->Apps panel). Appearently it solved the issue for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Axl Jaywhich one should I download there are 3 64bit ones for windows 10. Also how many days have gone since you updated and the issue stopped. What drivers do you mean when you say dells drivers? the Realtek ones?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

The one highlighted, 258 MB.

Drivers.PNG
It has been like one week since I installed them, and issue did not occur again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi @YashaswiPandey did you try what @Axl Jay wrote? If yes did it work for you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I wonder if Dell realized what the issue is... Dear Dell Support, how is your testing going?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I haven't got around to test it yet, but what I found to work was connecting a usb c earphone and then unplugging it, don't know if other usb c attachments will have the same effect though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I bought this laptop just over a week ago, and the audio is popping and causing crashes. In my conversations with Dell support, it has become clear that they know this product is broken and cannot be fixed. If I had known about this issue, I never would have bought this machine. I will never buy Dell again, and I will ensure that my colleagues in the media are fully apprised of this behavior. I am demanding a full refund for this product and an apology in writing.
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hey Axl are you still experiencing zero issues? Been having issues with my audio becoming static/distorted occasionally (sometimes frequently) on my Dell XPS-15 9570 and it really interferes with music production.

Would love it if this was finally the solution as I have been trying to fix the problem for many months now. Would you recommend it?

0 Kudos