RuheZone
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 9570 Audio Crackling and Popping

I'm having the same issue with that crackling sound that sometimes occurs (with the 9570 i7 8th Gen). I'm in contact with support but we haven't found a solution yet. Was somebody able to solve this issue by having the laptop repaired? Dell might send a technician to repair the Laptop but I kinda fear that it might not be a hardware problem (the tests you can do at the Dell support page all show that there is no issue with the hardware). Any experience with this?

Omega122
1 Copper

Having the same problem although the workaround does fix the issue. It is annoying and of course, no one at Dell is going to help :/

They delayed mine and everything and this is what I end up with, annoying

0 Kudos
marandaneto
1 Copper

Hi,

Same here, just bought and same problem.

I contacted dell support and somebody connected via remote control and reinstalled some drivers (eg audio, BIOS...) and fixed for that moment, but as it is intermittent, started to happen again.

That workaround changing spatial sound works, but just for a while and then happens again Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
AJRIver1
2 Iron

@MikeKuhlmann wrote:

I have the same issue.  I requested a replacement laptop and I'm having the same issue with the new one.  If this isn't solved I'm probably just going to return my system for a refund.

I hate to break it to you, but after requesting a replacement, you can't receive a refund. At least this is what I was told by the Returns department.

CIBO_676
1 Nickel

Thank you for pointing that out!  I was thinking of asking for a replacement but now i'm not going to risk it.  

0 Kudos
FFlo
1 Nickel

Hi,

I have the same issue, maybe 2-3 times every day. This happens with laptop speakers, bluetooth headphones, jack headphones or external jack headphones. It happens with YouTube, VLC, iTunes, or any software.

I noticed it happens more often if I watch a movie/tv show and I pause the movie, when I play it back, the crackling start.

Simply closing the software and re-open it is a valuable workaround for me. Or changing the sound quality in the settings.

I tried re-installing the drivers, no success.

This is truly annoying, I keep looking online for solutions but I can. If I do, I'll update you guys here. I feel your pain...

Flo

InfinitePower
1 Nickel

I've had the same problem intermittently for months since getting the laptop. Super disappointing and annoying.

DELL ISSUE A FIX SOON (pls) THIS IS EMBARRASSING

Tags (2)
RuheZone
1 Nickel

Just a quick update on my part, had a technician over that changed the speakers and the mainboard, unfortunately that didn't fix anything. So if Dell offers you to send a technician over you might as well save yourself the hassle.

0 Kudos
TheBjorn
1 Copper

Another quicker workaround is restarting the audio service.
I created a bat file with the following commands:

net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv

Then I bound that file with a keyboard shortcut (es. CTRL + ALT + A) so every time they start crackling I simply press the key combination and in few seconds they come back work normally.

In my case this workaround works for a few hours, sometimes less.

Boone_
1 Nickel

Same problem here. It even happens with headphones. I am really dissapointed with the quality of the sound on my new XPS 15. I thought that this may be a hardware issue, maybe the sound card is overheating but it's not. It's just a software thing and I am 100% sure about this because the happens frequently if you are messing with the MaxxAudio settings and basicaly restarting the program or pausing the song for a second solves the problem. It's a shame that these kind of issues happen on such a good laptop.