Highlighted

Re: XPS 15-9570, Audio crackling and popping

Jump to solution

Hey guys, there is a bios update. I do not dare to install this yet.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/de/de/debsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=n61vd&oscode=wt64a&p...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Axl Jay wrote:

Hi @Dell-Alan D ,

just to keep you informed that since the installation of the last realtek driver I did not experienced audio glitches with audio playing anymore.

However I'm still having stuttering\popping\crackling with my external audio device while editing\recording with my DAW Reaper (power settings max performance, cpu around 25%, RAM less 50%, no other applications running). Even disabling C-State Control doesn't make any significant improvement for me.  I'm still blaming the DPC latency problem.

@Axl Jay thanks for the update. I shall pass this info on and I'll drop you a private message to get some tag details from you if that's ok.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Alan,

Since i bought this laptop in Septembre i also have these audio issues. Never placed my own story, because i thought it would be fixed much faster. Since the audio driver update, my audio issues (crackling) got even louder. I made a recording while i just played some music on Spotify (all the other apps were closed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13yqgCTTaL9CAPPYLkVaTsN6KrAWckVk-/view?usp=sharing

I hope there will be a fix soon! Ps. i also answered the google link with questions.

Kind regards,

PeelChris

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have not tested the new BIOS version yet.
But I found something:
1. I have no sound problem when I play the music on Groove Music and
2. If I have groove music running in the background without playing anything, I have no problems synonymous in other applications.

I will test again my statement and will report how the whole thing behaves.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hello all, I've been researching this issue extensively since buying a new XPS 15 last fall and experiencing popping/crackling/glitching etc.  I've tested various sound settings to no avail.  I wanted to share my computer's behavior as another data point for consideration...

I have a new Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 laptop with iTunes 12.9.2.6. If I pause playback in iTunes, when I start it again there is terrible static on top of the music. This static carries over to any audio playback like general alert sounds from the computer or audio from websites or any other source...all from pausing playback in iTunes. The only remedy to clear up the sound is to restart iTunes. But if the playback in iTunes is paused for a short while and restarted from any audio source, the static returns.

My issues with the static is somehow related to iTunes but I intermittently hear digital glitching/clipping from any playback source. My previous XPS did not have these issues and I listen to music constantly so this is a huge problem for me.

I hope there is a solution soon. I filled out the survey from the moderator. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Had the same problem and was pretty upset. Wanted to refund this laptop but the bios update solved this issue. No more cracking for me thank god.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Hendi wrote:

Had the same problem and was pretty upset. Wanted to refund this laptop but the bios update solved this issue. No more cracking for me thank god.

@Hendi glad to hear the BIOS update worked for you. To be very clear, can you confirm the exact issue that you were experiencing was an infrequent crackling from the speakers and not interference or pops when resuming from standby?

I'll drop you a private message to get your tag details so add as another reference point.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The BIOS update unfortunately on my device did not correct the sound.

Also:
The display is still flickering.
S3 still does not work.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It seems to have gotten better -- could well be thanks to a BIOS or Windows/driver update, of which there have been a couple. When I run DPC Latency Checker, I am mostly in the green now. However, there are still frequent short pops/clicks, both when using the USB audio interface as well as the built in Realtek (although I hardly use it as I cannot connect my monitors to mini jack). It is annoying to not even be able to listen to the music properly, and of course it is disturbing while working with sound in itself. But to either perform or record audio out straight from the computer is plain impossible; in fact so is using the laptop for any public presentation involving audio. Especially since there is another problem with background hum coming from the PSU (disappears when the power adapter is unplugged).

So apart from endlessly waiting for Dell to solve this and pray God they won't give up -- what's my best bet right now to get this machine as fit for audio as possible? Change the wifi card for Intel's I heard -- is it still worth it after the updates? Is there a way to eliminate the PSU hum? Would getting a new fast audio interface (e.g. Thunderbolt-based) help with any of this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Ive been trying to work through this for a while now and nothing seems to fix this for good. Ive updated to the latest bios and while it helped for the first day the popping and cracks are back even worse then before. With the previous BIOS things seemed to sound slightly better.

Basically if I have any other program open other then my DAW I get the pops and static etc. I have to close all other apps, restart my DAW and then it seems to come through decently.

It **bleep** living in fear of turning your headphones up because you dont know if your ears will be blown out by **bleep** noise.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Another victim here.

I got this laptop in January and since the beginning the sound has been crackling and distorted from time to time (once per week maybe).

With the driver update the laptop was ok for more than one week and now few days ago I dared to update the Bios and now I am getting again noise distortion.

It is my first Dell laptop and for the price I have paid I was expecting 100% quality and zero headaches. 

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
It is very sad to still see people buying this laptop based on false positive reviews on YouTube and elsewhere. I wish there was a way to announce on a big platform, that this is a +1600$ UNUSABLE device. For you my friend I hope you can return it and go for a Thinkpad or Macbook, because waiting and hoping for an update everyday is terrible. We do not deserve this. I swear this was my last Dell product
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@st-kovalenko wrote:

The BIOS update unfortunately on my device did not correct the sound.

Also:
The display is still flickering.
S3 still does not work.

@st-kovalenko as this thread is about the audio issues on the system I shall privately about the other two concerns.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Frank Azor from Dell twitted saying that a solution is coming soon:

https://twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1102923067540598784

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm grateful for the continued hard work to resolve this issue.  I've been following this thread since it's inception hoping a solution would be made before I purchased a 9570 to replace my aging but very reliable L521X.  Sound quality is critical to the work I do and must be absolutely as good as possible.

Please persevere in getting a constant and consistent resolution.  I'm growing a bit tired and impatient and eager to really utilize all of the wonderful things the 9570 can do.  But I am holding back on a purchase until this issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thats really what makes this so painful. This is an amaaaazing device otherwise so once this audio is fixed (praying) I feel it'll be perfection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
The strangest thing is that I was working with my XPS 9570 since June 2018 without any sound issues. After installing the last BIOS update 1.8.1, I suddenly experience the same problem as mentioned here. I can't believe it that some people are living with this issue since many months. I have this issue for 3 days and I want to punch a hole in the wall. 😡
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I've got this problem along with many, many others.

I can't start to comprehend how I can still put up with this <Profanity removed> device (maybe because it cost me a fortune and I've got no other choice?)

I totally regret buying it.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Wooglin wrote:

Hello all, I've been researching this issue extensively since buying a new XPS 15 last fall and experiencing popping/crackling/glitching etc.  I've tested various sound settings to no avail.  I wanted to share my computer's behavior as another data point for consideration...

I have a new Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 laptop with iTunes 12.9.2.6. If I pause playback in iTunes, when I start it again there is terrible static on top of the music. This static carries over to any audio playback like general alert sounds from the computer or audio from websites or any other source...all from pausing playback in iTunes. The only remedy to clear up the sound is to restart iTunes. But if the playback in iTunes is paused for a short while and restarted from any audio source, the static returns.

My issues with the static is somehow related to iTunes but I intermittently hear digital glitching/clipping from any playback source. My previous XPS did not have these issues and I listen to music constantly so this is a huge problem for me.

I hope there is a solution soon. I filled out the survey from the moderator. Thanks

@Wooglin thanks for wanting to contribute more info to the investigation and for providing details of the steps you have used to try and recreate it. That's much appreciated. 

I'll drop you a private message to get your service tag details.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@PeelChris wrote:

Hi Alan,

Since i bought this laptop in Septembre i also have these audio issues. Never placed my own story, because i thought it would be fixed much faster. Since the audio driver update, my audio issues (crackling) got even louder. I made a recording while i just played some music on Spotify (all the other apps were closed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13yqgCTTaL9CAPPYLkVaTsN6KrAWckVk-/view?usp=sharing

I hope there will be a fix soon! Ps. i also answered the google link with questions.

Kind regards,

PeelChris

@PeelChris thanks for your contribution, I'll drop you a private message to get some tag details from you so I can add it to my data file.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@Dell-Alan D Hi Alan,

I experience the issue 2, 3 times a day if I use my laptop most of the day.

It happens on speakers and pluggged in headphones. It does not happen on bluetooth headphones.

Issue happens for example on Youtube. I launch the video, it's fine, I pause then play back and then the scratching sound start. I change the spacial sound option in Windows which for some reason make the YouTube page reload in 360p, but at least the scratching sound disappear.

Similar experience on iTunes, Netflix, watching a mkv file on VLC, or any app using sound basically. Strangely enough, I have never experience this issue when playing video games such as Hearthstone.

I can't reproduce it on demand, there are bad days and good days, I can't explain it...

I have noticed it has been slightly less frequent for the past week, I had a Windows update I remember, I don't know if there is any connection.

I don't have a dual OS Windows/Linux to help with the testing.

Thank you for keeping us informed. We've all been raging on the forum for 6 months without even a "Hi, we're looking into it" from your team. It's nice to know that you guys are looking into it now and we appreciate your updates Alan.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for looking into this! I've had this problem for a while now.

This issue happens about every hour. It is completely random. I haven't fully identified how it happens or how to produce it. As I'm typing this reply, I'm listening to music. In the middle of a song, after changing nothing, the crackling started again. It seems like it happens after a certain amount of time. I'd like to say it happens after sleeping the computer, but that also means that the time has passed anyway.

Additional notes:

• Switching the spatial sound to "Off" and back to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" temporarily fixes the crackling
  • It also happens with headphones
  • I am using driver 6.0.1.8454, updated 5/29/18
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I just noticed the echo issue described in my earlier post only seems to affect non Microsoft programs. It is present in Chrome, not in Edge, it is also present in VLC Player while not in the standard Groove Player. To test my theory I grabbed the UWP Version of VLC Player from the Microsoft Store and tried it but it also has the issue, so it's not a UWP thing but a Microsoft vs. non Microsoft I guess.

I've also been using dual boot with Manjaro Linux for 2 days now and so far I haven't encountered any problems under Linux(understandable since DPCs are a Windows thing)

As to how often I encounter the Problem: usually 1 or 2 times a day(if using Windows). There are two versions of it: sometimes it's just some single pops now and then which usually go away without doing anything, and sometimes it's a constant distortion. To fix the later one one I execute the batch script posted by @TheBjorn on page 2 of this discussion.
Notice my experience is pretty much limited to headphones through I did encounter the problem with speakers.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Mine sounds like the sample from crsdahl. Thankfully, I've heard nothing like the one from st-kovalenko.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Is there anyone here who has never connected something to the thunderbolt connection? I would be interested in whether this has a connection. I constantly use the Dell BT16.
Do users who have never connected anything to thunderbolt connection also have the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

@st-kovalenko 

I don't use the TB16. I'm considering buying one, but I'm not sure about the investment as long as these issues are not fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Axl Jay,

Thank you for your answer. I will definitely not buy more from dell, as long as I have these problems.
Besides sound problems, my screen occasionally flickers.

https://imgur.com/r/Dell/zvRtu8d
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/8wy79o/black_screen_flicker_on_dell_xps_15_9570/

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@st-kovalenko wrote:

@Dell-Alan D,

To date, I have assumed that all XPS 15 9570 have the problem. But as I could learn, that's probably not the case? I contacted the user @chainstair, he says that he has no problems with sound.
Will that help you? Do you need further information or is this already known?

I use my notebook with HiGoing Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter, and so have never had the problem. But if I use the built-in speakers, after a few minutes / hours I have the problem that I hear the crackle and pop. I recorded the sound, that sounds like this to me:
Audio recording

Do other users have such a sound or is it different?

My system:

capture.png

(Google Translate)

@st-kovalenko that's interesting that your system doesn't emit the crackling sound via the bluetooth device. I have had other responses where the user has had wired and bluetooth headphones paired with the system and the crackling is also replicated through the bluetooth connection.

To confirm, regardless of what you files you playback on the system, i.e Windows sounds, mp3 stored on the system, or streamed audio i.e YouTube, Spotify, if you have the bluetooth received connected you don't get any crackles?

How are you connecting the bluetooth transmitter to the system, is it via the 3.5mm stereo port?

Would you be willing to disable the bluetooth on your system and then use it normally, without the external bluetooth transmitter connected, and confirm whether you still hear the audio crackling.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Dell-Alan D 

I have the notebook now more than month and hear every day musik over the bluetooth receiver, and have no problems with. I have never heard strange noises in the configuration.
That the other user over his external sound card also unwanted noise hears I also read, but he has a USB sound card, if I have the right thing. Unfortunately, I do not have a USB sound card to try it out. But I have the docking station BT16 I will try it.

The sound sources are often different (YouTube, Local mp3, Livestream's).

I connect the Bluetooth receiver wirelessly to the system, not the 3.5mm stereo port.

Even if there are no external devices connected to my notebook and the WLAN / Bluetooth card is completely disabled, I continue to have unwanted sounds in my internal speakers. The audio record I uploaded in my last post from 02-15-2019.

Honestly I have not tried the 3.5mm stereo port until today. Today I plugged in headphones for the first time. I had to connect them several times, because they are not always recognized ... Although the window of MaxxAudioPro come up the headphones did not always sound immediately. Another Problem?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@st-kovalenko wrote:

@Dell-Alan D 

I have the notebook now more than month and hear every day musik over the bluetooth receiver, and have no problems with. I have never heard strange noises in the configuration.
That the other user over his external sound card also unwanted noise hears I also read, but he has a USB sound card, if I have the right thing. Unfortunately, I do not have a USB sound card to try it out. But I have the docking station BT16 I will try it.

The sound sources are often different (YouTube, Local mp3, Livestream's).

I connect the Bluetooth receiver wirelessly to the system, not the 3.5mm stereo port.

Even if there are no external devices connected to my notebook and the WLAN / Bluetooth card is completely disabled, I continue to have unwanted sounds in my internal speakers. The audio record I uploaded in my last post from 02-15-2019.

Honestly I have not tried the 3.5mm stereo port until today. Today I plugged in headphones for the first time. I had to connect them several times, because they are not always recognized ... Although the window of MaxxAudioPro come up the headphones did not always sound immediately. Another Problem?!

@st-kovalenko thanks for the feedback. Can you help with some additional details please - 

a) What bluetooth devices are you pairing with your HiGoing receiver, are they bluetooth headphones or speakers?
b) If you pair either of those devices directly with the laptop do you then get the crackling audio through the paired device?

c) With regards to the headphones not being recognised, I wonder if that's connected to the problems you had previously with the audio driver crashing. Have you tried uninstalling the audio driver and then reinstalling it?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

a) These are speakers

b) Yesterday I heard the music over half the day with headphones (wired, 3.5 stereo) and noticed at first nothing. Only that you are not always recognized when connecting. Whether I connect headphones or speakers via cable should have no difference.

c) You have confused me with other users, with me the driver is not crashed. As I said, I have no problems with external speakers, no matter how they are connected (Whether cable or Bluetooth does not matter).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@st-kovalenko wrote:

a) These are speakers

b) Gestern hörte ich die Musik über den halben Tag mit Kopfhörern (kabelgebunden, 3,5 Stereo) und bemerkte zunächst gar nichts. Nur dass Sie beim Verbinden nicht immer erkannt werden. Whether I connect headphones or speakers via cable should have no difference.

c) You have confused me with other users, with me the driver is not crashed. As I said, I have no problems with external speakers, no matter how they are connected (Whether cable or Bluetooth does not matter).

@st-kovalenko thanks for the reply and apologies for the confusion.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@Dell-Alan D wrote:

@st-kovalenko wrote:

@Dell-Alan D,

To date, I have assumed that all XPS 15 9570 have the problem. But as I could learn, that's probably not the case? I contacted the user @chainstair, he says that he has no problems with sound.
Will that help you? Do you need further information or is this already known?

I use my notebook with HiGoing Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter, and so have never had the problem. But if I use the built-in speakers, after a few minutes / hours I have the problem that I hear the crackle and pop. I recorded the sound, that sounds like this to me:
Audio recording

Do other users have such a sound or is it different?

My system:

capture.png

(Google Translate)

@st-kovalenko that's interesting that your system doesn't emit the crackling sound via the bluetooth device. I have had other responses where the user has had wired and bluetooth headphones paired with the system and the crackling is also replicated through the bluetooth connection.

To confirm, regardless of what you files you playback on the system, i.e Windows sounds, mp3 stored on the system, or streamed audio i.e YouTube, Spotify, if you have the bluetooth received connected you don't get any crackles?

How are you connecting the bluetooth transmitter to the system, is it via the 3.5mm stereo port?

Would you be willing to disable the bluetooth on your system and then use it normally, without the external bluetooth transmitter connected, and confirm whether you still hear the audio crackling.

Alan

I saw this reply you made from earlier in the thread. I am almost certain that this is an issue with the Realtek drivers in particular. I did not have any trouble with Intel Display Audio, nor do I have a problem with the drivers used for bluetooth sound.

This problem only happened after I updated my Realtek drivers from Dell's website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I want to make sure it is known since I don't see it mentioned, but the Precision 5530 also has the same issue. I'm not surprised since they're nearly the same except for the GPU (Quadro vs GeForce). Will the fix also be applied to the 5530 if/when it's found???

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@beefjerky,

Does that sound like that to you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@beefjerky wrote:

I want to make sure it is known since I don't see it mentioned, but the Precision 5530 also has the same issue. I'm not surprised since they're nearly the same except for the GPU (Quadro vs GeForce). Will the fix also be applied to the 5530 if/when it's found???

@beefjerky thanks for this info, I haven't noticed the same sort of response around this issue on the workstation forum. So far , the updated driver has only been released for the XPS, even though the driver is the same. I would expect the updated driver to be rolled out to the Precision, unless the fix is not related to the audio driver and is found to be caused by something else.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@Dell-Alan D wrote:

@beefjerky wrote:

@beefjerky thanks for this info, I haven't noticed the same sort of response around this issue on the workstation forum. So far , the updated driver has only been released for the XPS, even though the driver is the same. I would expect the updated driver to be rolled out to the Precision, unless the fix is not related to the audio driver and is found to be caused by something else.

Alan

Thanks for the reply. I suspect many Precision users don't use the built-in audio often, me included. However, it is easily noticeable when I do use it. A workaround that worked for me is to set the output format to CD Quality (44.1KHz, 16bit). In my case, that seems to avoid the problem.

Please do make the team working on this aware that the issue also occurs on the Precision 5530.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have an almost new XPS 15-9570. The crackling is sporadic an so disturbing. The Audio delay playing Videos in Netflix/YouTube etc. makes it unusable. I have some Dell Computers and never had an issue like that. And I bought a Dell because I don´t want to have an issue lake that.

The new realtek Driver did´t help. The Change of the wlan Card to last Intel didn´t help.

If the Audio would work, it would be a great Laptop, so it is Nothing worth for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Alan,
I also have an XPS 15-9570 that I purchased in January.  I too am having periodic issues with audio popping and crackling.  I would love to be involved in whatever troubleshooting you are a doing to address this issue.

Thanks,
Suzie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@SuzieG27 wrote:

Hi Alan,
I also have an XPS 15-9570 that I purchased in January.  I too am having periodic issues with audio popping and crackling.  I would love to be involved in whatever troubleshooting you are a doing to address this issue.

Thanks,
Suzie

@SuzieG27 thanks for offering to contribute to the investigation. I'll drop you a private message with the information I require.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I would be surprised if everything worked as desired.
I'll test it tonight, but I'm not hopeful that it will work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It's way better with the new driver. Can't hear the usual crackling and popping sound. But at full volume, I get some hissing feedback and an unfriendly echo when I receive WhatsApp messages. Thanks for the driver though. Now lets perfect the issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver several times. That did not lead to an improvement at all!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm seeing a similar yet slightly different crackling issue with the new driver, but the crackling and distortion is much more pronounced. It is easily reproducible by pausing audio in Spotify for a little while (~1 minute) and then resuming audio. The resumed audio crackles and is very distorted. The trick of changing the Spatial Sound temporarily fixes it as it did with the previous driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@yug56,

Has already been tried in my case and leads to no success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

today the audio driver didn't recover properly from standby (modern standby). It started with heavily distorted audio until it crashed (red checked dot on the volume icon). I had to disable and re-enable the soundcard from device manager to restore audio.

New driver, new trouble! emoticon.Cool.title

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Axl Jay wrote:

today the audio driver didn't recover properly from standby (modern standby). It started with heavily distorted audio until it crashed (red checked dot on the volume icon). I had to disable and re-enable the soundcard from device manager to restore audio.

New driver, new trouble! emoticon.Cool.title

@Axl Jay no one else has mentioned having this issue. I suspect it's an isolated issue and nothing to do with the driver having issues. I would suggest either rolling back the system or trying a clean install of the driver again. It could come down to your Windows install being corrupt.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Reboot puts it right but it's not good. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

For me the nightmare has stopped since the recent (roughly one week ago) BIOS/driver update in SupportAssist.

Anyone else observe the same behaviour? Because at this point I don't trust my own perception of the problem anymore (I have no conscious memory of changing any audio settings due to crackling in the last week or so, but I won't take that as a definite sign).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Actually managed to totally fix the issue by reverting back to a previous driver from late last year. The recent BIOS update messed it up again and i am back to square one, damning on Dell's part, something seriously needs to be done about this.

0 Kudos