Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9570 BIOS - Sleep Mode Gone?

Jump to solution

Rather than start a new topic I thought I'd reply to this one. Bought the XPS 15 9570 and it was delivered 3 days ago. Despite the close lid option saying sleep whenever I do that the PC appears to power down. It cannot be awoken by pressing any keys.

I have updated to the latest BIOS 1.3.1 so it's disappointing this problem has not been fixed. It is very inconvenient having the laptop shut down every time the lid is closed.

Is this a known problem and how soon will it be fixed?

Cheers,

Ray, England.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hmmm, maybe the problem is fixed with the BIOS update. With the power connector removed I closed the lid for around 10 minutes.

I then opened it and pressed the space bar and the laptop came out of sleep mode. I'll continue to test with and without power connected and report back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/91313h/xps_15_9570_c_state_bug_after_s3_sleep_and_modern/

Lenovo tried the same (removal of S3), tons of people complained about it in this thread, and Lenovo was nice and clever, to give S3 back. Dell refuses so far. Read about it here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-Battery-drain-in-sleep/td-p...

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I can only speak for myself but after the BIOS update the sleep problem has gone.

@mkdrseems to have a rather extreme solution to what is a solvable problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
I bought this laptop in cyber monday, I always use the updated drivers .. and when I updated them immediately I realized that the battery was starting to consume too much with the laptop closed .. the fans are still working when I keep it in my bag, I do not know how long they are working. But I know that when I'm going to use it again, I open the screen and it does not wake up, I press any key and it does not wake up either. I have to press the power button and wait for it to charge. It is as if it were a way of hibernation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

for anyone who wants the s3 sleep back. Just return and refund your devices. Dell will not fix it because they don't find it as a problem and they don't care about the users. Common users don't understand this problem so the minority will be ignored.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
But S3 works as sleep mode?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Wrong thread vartan3k. Also, bump. Same issues here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Now the time is December 2018, a few months have passed, the latest BIOS has been updated to 1.5.0, S3 is still not available, it seems that Dell does not intend to fix this problem, just irresponsible to cut this function.

I applied for a refund on the phone but Dell customer service indicated that I am not eligible because I bought it 20 days ago. But this is a quality issue. Now that this computer lacks the features it deserves, Dell can't provide a solution to this deficiency.

Maybe XPS users are too few, Dell does not care about us ?

My first PC is XPS15 L502x , is not too bad , but this one (9570) make me upset.

If I choose Dell on my next computer, I am a silly dog.

------ A Old User ,  Beijing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Another complaint from me. I hit 'sleep' and I would expect that my laptop would go to a real sleep, that is then woken by a real intent. Instead I get full fans at random with the laptop turning on to scare me or even worse.. decides to go to sleeping beauty sleep mode .. when only a hard restart wakes it up .. really really sorry to have chosen an XPS. No to mention I had to uninstall 'Killer' to avoid having random BSOD on it. I really feel disappointed in the lost potential here in a very nice looking laptop that can't do what cheap ones can.

0 Kudos