Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2018 08:00

XPS 15-9570, BIOS 1.3.0, sleep mode gone?

I just bought my XPS 15-9570 with BIOS 1.2.2 installed, and I updated it to BIOS 1.3.0. I realized that the "sleep mode" option is now gone. I need to set this to "Force S3" sleep to prevent the laptop from waking up randomly, or don't go to sleep properly. So can I do that in the new BIOS?

IMG_20180805_165645.jpg

21 Posts

February 18th, 2019 07:00

same ... I also use the Intel 9260

Just the best

21 Posts

I am really sorry to hear that.. I really hoped that u guys have received the hotfix by Dell, but obviously it was just a trash update.

I don't have any of your mentioned problems with my XPS 9570. It is just ultra strange.

12 Posts

Hi guys, some things I can assure from my findings:

1. updating to 14 feb audio drivers (6.0.1.8603) won't solve any problem. I forced the newest 6.0.1.8622 driver and the problem is still here.

2. audio drivers won't solve the problem because even if you disable the audio card (from BIOS) you will still have all those acpi calls.

3. If I suspend the pc, when I resume it the screen always flickers once every 70 seconds (almost precise) until I reboot. Does your XPS behave the same?

I tried ... every existing compatible drivers with our hardware, the problem is within the BIOS.

my 2 cents

21 Posts

Okay Dude... I will do so and will post my results later that day. I understand your anger. I was there too when my motherboard crashed. I hope for the best Best regards!

12 Posts

February 18th, 2019 08:00

Thanks a lot!

February 18th, 2019 09:00

Obviously not all users / notebooks have the same problems. I have prepared this ready.

February 18th, 2019 09:00

@Andy_it 

if that s the bios, I can not say, because some users have other or no problems even though the same BIOS version installed.

My screen also flickers in about 70 seconds, as described by you. I noticed that the mouse cursor is always watch synonymous if the screen is black.

21 Posts

February 19th, 2019 03:00

Here are my LatencyMon Results:

Hope they can help you guys...Screenshot (175).pngScreenshot (176).pngScreenshot (177).pngScreenshot (178).pngScreenshot (179).pngScreenshot (180).pngScreenshot (181).pngScreenshot (182).pngScreenshot (183).png

12 Posts

February 20th, 2019 04:00

Hello chainstair, Thank you so much for the screenshots, I am sorry to say that it is clear from the pictures that you have the same problem. So your motherboard is not an exeption (I wished it was)

21 Posts

February 20th, 2019 04:00

Your welcome...

That is so ultra strange seriously.

I hope that Dell will speed a little with these major problems.

73 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 07:00

Just recently got my 9570, decided to replace my ageing 9550, totally disappointed with all these issues. Would be bad on any laptop but on a 2k flagship device its really difficult for me to comprehend how this is possible. Sleep broken, poor audio, screen flickering, terrible latency,  wifi, coil whine, and those are just the issues I've noticed in a few days of using it.

Fun fact, my 9550 also had a sleep issue, it would randomly wake from S3, and surprise me with a dead battery and hot bag. Dell support insisted it was not a hardware issue and would eventually be fixed with a BIOS update .... it was ..... after 2 years :(

I didn't expect that 2 generations of XPS later I would be going through the same **bleep**, I even waited a while before purchasing to give them time to iron out the issues. I was really tempted to give the X1 a try but the XPS had better battery life and I was kind of familiar with the design, really starting to regret this choice, ironic that I thought I would get better battery life on the XPS.

I have contacted Dell support, right now I am getting the standard 'try the latest drives' and "update to the latest BIOS' canned responses that no doubt everyone on this forum is getting, but of course I already tried everything before even bothering to contact them. 

Its too late for me to get a refund on this machine, I purchased a few months ago but only recently started using it (I was travelling and ordered it when it was on sale), so right now I am considering what would be the best way to handle this because from what I've been reading, the 9570 is a dud and Dell seem to be ignoring or justifying these issues as normal operation.

Any suggestion? How many others are in the same boat, too late to return and are utterly disappointed they need to do a full shutdown instead of just closing the lid?

12 Posts

February 23rd, 2019 00:00

Unfortunately we are ALL on the same boat. This is a forum page on a Dell site, where a moderator (Robert) replied until the things got clear that it is an engineer problem, something to do with the motherboard or the BIOS. They used promises to let us go into a non returnable period. This is unacceptable, But.... The is a but. If you all tell them what is the situation on Twitter, even by liking my posts, which are more than clear and direct in my opinion (I am andyspeaking) we could gain something. Try commenting and pread the voice, I linked many forum pages to them but I am sure that giving our voice on Twitter would be more powerful, because the use it everyday to promote and advertise.. And still I got no reply on what's the progress. Some minutes ago I commented this... Try to do the same and they will eventually wake up. Once again, it's a shame.

73 Posts

February 23rd, 2019 01:00

@Andy_it  Appreciate your thoughts and the effort you have put in thus far, I'm just beginning my journey to get this resolved so the experienced shared thus far is really helpful.

I'm not really a twitter user, I understand the impact that social media can have, other than adding a tweet, I dont have many followers so in effect very little leverage but I will give it a go. Whilst there are obviously more than a handful of people affected by this, its really hard to know the exact number and without banding together to get some real focus and attention on this problem I fear that it comes across as irate individuals that simply have a bone to pick.

Any suggestions on how we can put some concerted effort to get this solved? What about starting a facebook group or at least some platform that will allow everyone that has been affected by this to be counted together?

Is there anyone else in this thread (or any related threads) that is facing the same issues and wants a solution? All suggestions are welcome.

In the meantime I am going to start my dialogue with Dell (as I have only just logged a support ticket with them regarding all of these issues) and lets see what they have to say. At this point I have to give them an opportunity to remedy this or at least give a satisfactory plan for fixing all these issues. 

12 Posts

February 23rd, 2019 02:00

Welcome aboard Simon. I use Twitter just to talk to Dell, as it seems they interact more on Twitter than FB.

You can also like/comment/follow these other tweets of mine with Nelson Mak, the technician https://twitter.com/maknelly90/status/1093584907954196480

In those tweets I also gave him the links of every forum we are writing on (reddit & Dell)

This one with Frank Azor:

https://twitter.com/Benjami12333572/status/1093539994181033984

Today I found an update where the tech savy says that he will give us updates every Wednsday.

Here it is https://twitter.com/maknelly90/status/1098272568216350720

12 Posts

February 27th, 2019 13:00

Hey guys! There is a new BIOS release! (1.8.1)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=n61vd&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-15-9570-laptop

Could you tell me if something has been fixed with this version? I mean, amang S3 suspension and auto-random-resume, screen flicker every 70 seconds when resuming from sleep, audio dcp latency... Unfortunately I can't do the upgrade till tomorrow...

Let me know!

Good luck!!!

No Events found!