Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

5 Posts

September 27th, 2018 18:00

XPS 15 9570, BIOS 1.4.1 update, shutdown/restart issues

I recently installed the BIOS update, and am finding that the laptop seems not to shut properly after the 1.4.1 update. The laptop stays warm after "shutdown", and I seem to need to do a force shutdown (holding down the power button) before the power button will work and let me boot the laptop again. On the positive side, after the update, some issues I've been having with very slow refresh / graphics performance while using Excel Office 365 on my 4k laptop screen seem to have been mitigated after the BIOS update.

Is there a fix on the way? 

1 Message

September 28th, 2018 14:00

I have not experienced any issues other than the fan curve has changed quite a bit.  I have undervolted my xps previously and had it running below 90 degrees under heavy load.  But now I am getting temps up to 97 degrees again.  Fans don't kick in until it starts to hit mid 80's.  I tried to roll back my firmware but the during the update/downgrade the bios blocks the process.  This blows since I had my XPS tuned and running just the way I wanted it.

1 Message

September 29th, 2018 15:00

I have had the same issues after doing the update today and I had to hard reset laptop which is always a big worry after a bios update. I also now have an issue that it is forcing me to login via windows password only whereas previously I was able to use fingerprint etc. have dell XPS 9570

October 1st, 2018 14:00

I have the same shutdown + fingerprint login problems since bios 1.4 update

+ the DPC latency is still a huge problem :(

7 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 09:00

l’m facing same issues here, when is dell coming up with a fix? 😡

The boot up issue happens when power adaptor is plugged in, when it is unplugged no issues, thinking it was the power adaptor issue i switched to another xps 15 power adaptor and same issues persists.

2 Posts

January 20th, 2019 09:00

I was a Sony user...for the past 8 years..

Bought Dell XPS 15.6 .....now after reviewing all and my personal experience ...would suggest EVERYONE not to buy Dell XPS series...

After an update....more that twice a fulltime battery drain ( 13 hrs) I don't know how to shutdown and start my laptop... :( 

1 Message

April 5th, 2019 06:00

Hi, I have the same issue. Could you resolve it?

April 5th, 2019 09:00

I noticed this too. My battery life is just horrible (not to mention having problems shutting down, randomly shutting off, wifi connectivity issues) as of recently. I really wanted to like this computer but at only owning one for less than 6 months, I am having way too many issues for a laptop that is relatively new. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 10th, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message. What is the exact model in the XPS 15 series?

Is it 9575? Have you tried downgrading the BIOS to check if the issue persists?

What was the recent update installed? Is it a Dell update or Windows update?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.  

How to locate the service tag

2 Posts

November 4th, 2019 07:00

This is very sad.  Though I have had bad experiences with Sony too. 

No Events found!